!!Kit Pen Contest Winners!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

Thanks to everybody that participated in this new contest. There were some great entries here...17 of them to be exact! Unfortunately, we can only give prizes to the top three as voted upon by the IAP Membership.

I'd also like to thank Doug's Woodworking, Constant Laubscher, Mark James and Alumilite for the gracious donations that will be going to the winners of this contest. Without further ado, the winners are:

Third Place (1 pound casting kit from Alumilite and Mark James Box of Blanks valued at $40 is Ed Nagel aka EN Pens with the following:

Tell us about your entry: This is the new ACCORD 3/8 kit from Woodcraft. The wood is crosscut Aripari, segmented with Honduras Rosewood. An initial window is casted opposite the clip. The finish is a deep CA.

Second Place ($100 Gift Card for Lazerlinez donated by Constant) is Brian Garthwaite aka Brian G with the following:

Tell us about your entry: PSI Graduate kit; spalted found on ground wood, stabilized by me.

And last, but not least, First Place (Tool from Doug's Woodworking valued at $140) goes to Victor Gaenzel aka v3glassworks with the following entry:
Tell us about your entry: This pen was made with a Gothica pen kit. There are 16 individual pieces either cut and sanded or turned into a dowel. CA glue was used to hold the segments together as well as the outer coating. The different kinds of woods used are as follows: Box Elder Buckey Burl Spalted Hackberry (Harvested off my ranch in South Texas) Ironwood Walnut Afzelia

Again, thank you to all of the participants, donors and fellow BASH organizers

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Congratulations to the winners and to all who entered this contest. All the entries were great, and it was hard to narrow the choices down.

Thanks to Clark for running a great contest and thanks to all the donors for their great prizes.

Brian G

WHOOO! What a great thing to come home to see. :biggrin: Congratulations Ed and Victor, too. There were some great pens in this contest. I was happy to make it through the first round. I liked the concept of this contest, and I hope it happens again next year.

Thank you, Clark, for chairing the contest. Thank you Constant for the generous prize donation. Thank you everyone who checked the vote box in my favor.

This pen almost didn't make it! I think I managed to upload the entry with a minute to spare, which explains the sparse description. It was the second try after some mishaps on the first. Lesson: Don't give up!

EN Pens

It is certainly gratifying to think that some of the best turners in the universe put a check in the box with my pen in it! Also, congratulations to Brian and Victor, and to Clark for running a great contest. And a big thanks to Mark James for donating the blanks for the winner. I will turn mine into beautiful pens and post them for all to enjoy.
Best regards to all,
Ed Nagel (EN Pens)

Top Bottom