The Cartridge Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
QThis post is being made on behalf of the Cartridge Contest Chairman, Cmiles1985

Welcome to the IAP BASH and the Cartridge Pen Contest.

This contest is geared towards all IAP members with the basic goals of having fun and being creative.

In addition to the Universal Bash Guidelines, the contest rules are as follows:

1. An actual cartridge, or multiple cartridges of any caliber (NOT a bullet pen kit) MUST be used in the making of your entry, and it MUST be recognizable as a pen. That is the only limitation. The finished product may be a fountain pen, roller ball or ball point, kit or kitless.

2. No laser work or cnc produced pens or parts are allowed.

3. A short description of the pen needs to be submitted with the pen.

4. The pen may not have been posted prior to the conclusion of the contest.

5. Up to three pictures of the pen may be submitted. There will be an entry form to submit your pen. This is the entry form.

6. The contest will start on February First and entries will be due no later than Sunday the 22nd at 11:59pm EST. Entry Forms will be available at the start of the bash. Pictures will be posted and a poll or polls will be taken to determine the winning 3 pens. Depending on the amount of submissions we may need to have more than 1 poll to select the winning pens.

Submissions:
8. All entries are due 11:59pm EST. Sunday February 22nd.
You must use the entry form that will be provided to submit your pen.
YOU MUST SUBMIT THE PEN UNDER YOUR USER NAME.

9. The first poll(s) will be posted on Feb. 23rd, and voting will end on Feb. 26th. The final polls, if needed, will be posted and the voting results will become public at that time.

10. All entries will be posted at the same time following the contest's deadline. This will give all entries the same time "in the spotlight".

1st place ---TBA
2nd place---TBA
3rd place---TBA

Rules are subject to change for clarification or safety.

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

So would the pen kits that Sylvanite sells, or in the same vein, the 50 cal pens that a lot of vendors sell be eligble since they are made from real casings?

Cmiles1985

So would the pen kits that Sylvanite sells, or in the same vein, the 50 cal pens that a lot of vendors sell be eligble since they are made from real casings?

Good question! Since the .50 cal kits is a complete pen kit, I'm going to say it's not allowed. As for the Sylvanite kits, I probably wouldn't know if one was used or not :wink: They still require kit modification, and tasks outside of normal pen turning, so I'll not exclude those.

Cmiles1985

By the way, if you're interested in squeezing in a pen before the 2/20 deadline, here are the PRIZES for this fine competition:

first Classic Nib vise $120
second Dougs tool #2 $110
third Lyonsac BOB $40 Mark D BOB $40

Skeleton2014

By the way, if you're interested in squeezing in a pen before the 2/20 deadline, here are the PRIZES for this fine competition:

In the first post regarding the rules, twice it said that the deadline is "Sunday the 20th at 11:59pm EST". Sunday is 02/22/15 and Friday is 02/20/15 so I wanted to be clear on the deadline... I'm hoping for Sunday the 22nd as I'm running behind due to that 12 letter word from Puzzle #1!
Thanks, Jeff:)

THarvey

Top Bottom