Poll Open! The New Contest Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Vote for your favorite New Contest submission!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
WOW! There have been some fantastic entries in the NEW, New Contest Contest!. It is going to be very hard to pick just one, but pick one you must!

Thanks to the generosity of our Vendors / Donors we are able to award THREE prizes in this contest instead of just one. So:

The member who submitted the new contest idea that receives the most votes will receive a Gift Certificate from El Mostro valued at $50!

The member who submitted the new contest idea that receives the second most votes will receive a Gift Certificate from R & B Crafts valued at $25!

The member who submitted the new contest idea that receives the third most votes will receive a 1# package of alumilite valued at $20.00!

In the event of a tie for either 1st, 2nd or 3rd place there will be a 24 hour tie breaker poll conducted to establish clear winners.

So.........What games do you want to play next year?

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

There are some great suggestions here for sure. I am hoping more than one of these can be used for next years Bash. I love the ideas that involved more than just spinning a pen and that is the Pen Stand idea and also the Pen Display Box idea. These 2 ideas bring into play the skill and mindset of the person that wants to show off their pens or even sell them as true aspects of ART. Spinning pens is just one phase of penmaking. The special pens need that special care and should be celebrated more-so. These 2 ideas will do just that. Hope to see these ideas next year and I will definetly be a player. We need to expand. There is more to penmaking for sure.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I understand the concerns about having the vote limited to just one. There are a lot of things to consider when choosing contests to present during the Bash. Making a tough decision like this will result in THE most desired contest attracting the most votes. But remember, the Bash Planners will have all the results and if possible, several of these contests MIGHT be offered next year.

darrin1200

I to would like to be able to vote for 2-3 choices. Not because I can't pick just one, as I just did. However, there are a few extremely varied ideas. Its like saying what do you prefer chocolate or sirloin steak.

I won't say which I voted for, but I will say I would have liked to vote for the masters of the universe as well. It would be nice to see some form of this, where entrants can pay homage to to a pen or a maker that inspired them into this world.

Just my 2¢. I cant wait to see the results and while life may have gotten in the way this year, I'm eager to participate next year.

toddlajoie

I understand the concerns about having the vote limited to just one.

Yea, I had a REALLLLY hard time deciding which one to vote for...:biggrin:

Anyone having a hard time deciding, just let me know and I'll steer you in the right direction...:rolleyes:*

* just kidding, that's a violation of the rules...

Last edited:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
It will be fun to see the top three. AND, it will be fun to see the top ten to see what concepts the membership would like to be considered. :rolleyes:

KenV

There are a few themes running through the suggestions that tell some stories about where the IAP members are thinking the craft is headed. Those themes may be worth more discussion over the coming months -- and may be a glimpse into a future for pen making and marketing.

I find the ideas exciting and hope we keep some discussion going about several of them over future months. Great chance come summer to play with a few of those also.

A++++ to all the creative thinking !!!!

Brian G

I didn't vote for mine because there are cooler and less complicated ideas. Maybe that parklandturner guy will come out of retirement and run one of them. :wink:

jttheclockman

There are a few themes running through the suggestions that tell some stories about where the IAP members are thinking the craft is headed. Those themes may be worth more discussion over the coming months -- and may be a glimpse into a future for pen making and marketing.

I find the ideas exciting and hope we keep some discussion going about several of them over future months. Great chance come summer to play with a few of those also.

A++++ to all the creative thinking !!!!

Ken

You hit the nail on the head my man. I think there maybe a time and that time might be now where the mass is wanting to spread their wings some. It is OK to spin the basic of basic pens but there is a time to expand one's talents and it does go beyond pen making. There are many great ideas here. This is definitely worthy of further discussions.

KenV

I hope the summer extravaganza planners will look at the long list and adopt an idea or two for that event.

The idea of moving pen making towards the "art" side, and goal of long term residence of pens into collections of turned objects will bring some different approaches to the processes and outcomes.

Art is a different slant than craft fairs and the shorter term goals of commerce.

Dale Lynch

Needs more pics,about have way through the list my ears started smoking.Don't know how it didn't go into full lockup.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I will look at it for the summer Extravaganza but that set of contests is not any where near the scope of the Bash.

KenV

I will look at it for the summer Extravaganza but that set of contests is not any where near the scope of the Bash.

Nor should it be ==

But if the Summer Extravaganza were to play with some of the traditional or non-traditional ideas of pens et al as art suitable for collections if might create some divergent ideas and approaches

Top Bottom