Votes: 50 53.8%
  • Entry 9

Votes: 22 23.7%
  • Entry 10

Votes: 25 26.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cmiles1985

Good Day, and welcome to the final round of voting for the Kit Pen Contest.

Please choose what you find to be the BEST 3 of the ten pens below. The preliminary votes were pretty close, so this should be interesting!

Good luck to all of the participants. You all made some wonderful pens.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

Entry 2:
Tell us about your entry: This is a pen made on an Atlas Black Titanium Kit and the blank was made from a Crape Myrtle tree in our front Yard. It was air dried for over a year, cut up into blanks and turned and sanded to 400 grit, finished with 6 coats of c/a and polished to 12,000 grit with micro pads.

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 3:
Tell us about your entry: Challenged myself with my first burl for this contest, so I wanted to make it special. Skull pen in Amboyna Burl with a CA finish. I was going for a Skull floating on a sea of fire.

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 4:
Tell us about your entry: For my Kit Pen submission, I chose a Chrome 3/8" Bolt Action Pen. This pen is dressed out in beautiful layered cow hide. This is the first time I have ever turned leather for a pen. I hope you are as pleased with the results as I am.

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 5:
Tell us about your entry: This is a 3/8 Art Deco kit from PSI. The blank is Leopard wood with Purple heart inserts. The Leopard wood blank was routed cross ways with a 90 degree bit and matched with the corner of Purple heart wood so once turned would give it an elliptical shape. The finish is CA glue polished to 12k grit.

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 6:
Tell us about your entry: This is the new ACCORD 3/8 kit from Woodcraft. The wood is crosscut Aripari, segmented with Honduras Rosewood. An initial window is casted opposite the clip. The finish is a deep CA.

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 7:
Tell us about your entry: The kit used for this pen is the Stratus Click kit from PSI. The material used to create the barrel is Yew with a touch of burl effects. I finished the pen natural in 4 coats of CA Medium and sanded to 12,000 Micro Mesh.

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 8:
Tell us about your entry: This pen was made with a Gothica pen kit. There are 16 individual pieces either cut and sanded or turned into a dowel. CA glue was used to hold the segments together as well as the outer coating. The different kinds of woods used are as follows: Box Elder Buckey Burl Spalted Hackberry (Harvested off my ranch in South Texas) Ironwood Walnut Afzelia

Last edited:

Cmiles1985

Entry 9:
Tell us about your entry: Knight's Armor kit in antique brass. Wrapped in a double dyed black stabilized box elder. Finished with Pens Plus.

twinsen

Hehe... Well. I was surprised to make it to second round with my entry. It is getting trounced (at least at the moment). Great job all.

Top Bottom