Votes: 19 20.0%
  • Entry 3

Votes: 48 50.5%
  • Entry 4

Votes: 13 13.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cmiles1985

Hello, and welcome to the polling station for the 2015 Cartridge Pen Contest.

Voting is free, but your vote only counts once, so choose wisely. You'll be allowed to select only one of these beauties, and there will only be one round of votes for this contest.

Thanks to the participants for making this contest happen, and thanks to the donors for the amazing prizes.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

Tell us about your entry: This cartridge pen is made using a once fired .223 casing & fmj bullet and 2 once fired 9mm casings with 2 fmj bullets. I chose a small piece of figured walnut (finished with ca) to accent the pen between the 2 9mm rounds. The wood and 3 rounds are polished using micro mesh. The guts and clip are from a chrome slimline kit. The pen separates between the middle 9mm case and bullet.

Cmiles1985

Tell us about your entry: Baron With Some Fire Power This shiny Baron roller ball uses a 45-70-GOVT cartridge for the body and a 40 S&W cartridge for the end of the pen. The base is a piece of natural edged walnut with a 45-70-GOVT cartridge for the pen cup/cap. This pen uses the Baron tubes, nib, and threaded parts.

Cmiles1985

Tell us about your entry: This is a 30-06 Springfield cartridge that has a soldered-in tube, a 7mm transmission with a cross-style refill. For the upper barrel, I used a 24k gold slimline clip and finial. I received the Tigerwood blank awhile back as a "freebie" in a purchase. I turned and sanded it down to 600 grit then applied 8 coats of Doctors's Woodshop Pens Plus as a finish. Thanks for looking.

Cmiles1985

Tell us about your entry: This is a 30/06 cartridge with a 150 grain full metal jacket boattail bullet. I used a 30/06 cartridge end to make the centerband which is part of the top part of the pen which is whitetail deer antler.

mmyshrall

Hi Clark,

I noticed that the entries were not numbered in the thread. Should we assume that the photos are listed in the order in which they appear in the poll?

Thanks,
Michael

THarvey

Hi Clark,

I noticed that the entries were not numbered in the thread. Should we assume that the photos are listed in the order in which they appear in the poll?

Thanks,
Michael

I made that assumption. If that is not the case, I hope they will start the poll over, because votes have been cast for the wrong pens.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I can't see them, either. But Dawn can. So, it appears to be something related to my computer---I'll live---be interesting to see how many others cannot see the pics.

Cmiles1985

Voting has concluded for the 2015 Cartridge Pen Contest! I am tied up in my annual safety training, song can't post a long thread right now for the formal announcement of winners. Expect to see the official thread later this afternoon!

Top Bottom