SteveG-wins the FIRST auction--THANK YOU!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
STEVE G WINS!!!

That's right, the 2015 MANAGERS' Mug!!! This item comes to us from the IAP chief---Jeff!!

For those who have not seen it, this year's mug is shown below---a color not previously seen on IAP and one I was going to describe, then gave up!! The colors are very unique and, I believe, "earthy". AND it is tall---

It holds a generous helping of coffee and this one will come with a Racine Kringle, just to "sweeten the pot"!!

Having seen the interest in this, I considered starting the bidding at $10,000 or so-----but decided on $25 and let you guys fight it out for a while.

attachment.php

Attachments

• managermug.jpg
    managermug.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 1,031
Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
$111.11 in coin of the realm. Let's get rid of the Sissys.

Will that amount in pennys fill a flat rate box?
Probably it would take at least a LFRB in pennies.....10 pennies weigh about an ounce so that amount would weigh roughly 70 pounds - right on the limit for LFRB. Now I didn't calculate the volume but it would be pretty close.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Back in the 1960s and early 70s when I collected coins I used to go to the bank and pick up $50 (5000 coins) bags of loose pennies and sort through them looking for collectables and as I recall they were quite heavy and pretty bulky but 2 bags might be gotten into a LFRB if the bags were left out. But that would still leave another 1111 penies to account for. Of course we could be kind and send it half in nickels...

SteveG

The man in the trench coat has arrived. I held back to allow the tender ones their 15 minutes (or seconds) of fame. That is now over:time to serious,gang. Let us throw out something for the "middle weights". It is a long time till Sunday (and many hours of darkness between now and then).

$150

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you Kevin, "trench-coated dark character", and Tom!!!

$175 certainly represents nice progress for the first few hours!!

All members are encouraged to stop by, comment and BID, if you like. All the money raised goes to support the IAP!! Equally important, we try to have a good time while raising that support cash!!

Who will say

$185??

SteveG

Waiting for the dark...That is when I do my best work. When you see it, you will know it.

That mug has a nice DARK upper band of color. Jeff can get ahead of the game by sending it my way now. Thanks to all who came along to WATCH. The mug is mine!

PR_Princess

Hawaii would be a nice place for my mug........would. :island:

'Tis a pity its not going there. But that's OK Steve, really. All is not lost.

Being the kind and generous person I am, I'll let you hold it next time you are in Wisconsin.

$205

Last edited:

Tom T

Wow $205.00 that's great.
let's get a second mug out there for the rest of us to try again. I will start at $75.00 if it happens.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
For Dawn.....

I am going to bed now Dawn and I'm going to let you stew about weather or not you'll have to take out another mortgage to get that mug.......

SteveG

Ahh...I see those with affinity for light have withered just as the night exhibits the full bloom of darkness. The single bare light bulb, suspended on a thin, somewhat frayed and worn strand. It is just sufficient to define necessary things: the long knife, the printed image of the magnificent vessel(soon to be replaced by the actual goblet of glory), the AMEX card with no specified spending limit.

All is in place.

I will let the figure $233 make a stroll through the shadows. Who knows, could it serve as a cheery "Good morning" to those creatures of the light?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I am going to bed now Dawn and I'm going to let you stew about weather or not you'll have to take out another mortgage to get that mug.......
note how I cleverly threw another little pop in there -- guess I had this weekend here in the northeast on the mind when I was typing that....it is colder than an "old maid's heart" this morning.

SteveG

HMMMMM....

As someone said already: Big Talk, but how much action?

Hey, who is that hiding under your desk?

Looks like walk in the park for me (after dark, of course)!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Excuse me, Mr. Auctioneer!

Let me sweeten the pot for the winning bidder just a bit.

Remember the sandstone coasters? I gave away the last two full sets in the drawing last year, but I do still have a few singles. I'll send you one with the mug. (The photo shows a set, but I'm including one)
coaster.JPG

But wait, there's more! :biggrin:

If you didn't buy a t-shirt this year, or you want another one, it's yours.

and even more!

If you don't have one of the "plain logo" IAP mugs and you'd like one, I'll include that as well. (And I'll include a coaster for that one too!)
mug1.jpg

and one more!

If you are a coffee drinker and you grind your own beans, I'll include a pound of Brazilian Fazenda Da Lagoa coffee I have roasted locally by my old friends at City Roast Coffee in Cleveland (I picked up a fresh load yesterday!)

Whomever you are, Mr. or Ms. winning bidder, good luck!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
It ain't over till it's over

HMMMMM....

As someone said already: Big Talk, but how much action?

Hey, who is that hiding under your desk?

Looks like walk in the park for me (after dark, of course)!
To apply a well know Yogism...methinks the bidding is open until 5pm Central Standard Time (USA) Sunday February 15th. My personal check of calendar and chronometer indicate that today is Saturday February 14th a.k.a. Valentines day in some circles. That being the case you might be just a tad early in beginning your victory dance...as we used to say in my Navy days .... The price of poker might still go up........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom