Hey, we got our own playground!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
NEW for 2015----Jeff built a new place for all the auction-hounds to hang out!!

So, starting Friday--the Auction action will commence!!

Our first item will be the Manager Mug!!

attachment.php

This auction will start Friday afternoon---in it's own new thread.
I will also post a schedule (as requested last year)--that will be done by the end of the weekend.

I hope to see the usual faces, along with some "new blood"!! Of course we love bids, but we also just enjoy conversation! Stop by often and join us!!

Thanks,
Ed

bash-auction-tease-129621

Attachments

• managermug.jpg
    managermug.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 952
Last edited:

stonepecker

FRIDAY ?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I am suppose to take the wife out for Valentine's Day Supper on Friday!
AND THEN, On Saturday........she is suppose to make me a 'special supper'.

Ed, you need to turn off that recording of "What Was I Thinkin'?"

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
I have been drinking coffee out of my managers mug for a week. Perfect size for a good dose of caffeine. I really like this unusual color and the style is one of my favorites.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sounds like this first auction SHOULD end while Wayne is enjoying "dinner", Saturday night!!

But, soft-hearted auctioneer that I am, we will run it to Sunday night--time to be announced, soon.

SteveG

As long as I keep the lights out, and only make posts late at night, under cover of darkness, NO ONE will know who I am.

But I am here in the shadows...Spy-type trench coat, cool as can be...ice running in my veins. So beware!!! I have my eye on THAT mug.
You do not know who I am, but I am here.

The Mug IS MINE!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
lots or big talkers here

Hmmmm.....I think we will find out if the big talkers are simply blowing hot air....now I'm not thrilled with the look of that mug, on the one hand, on the other hand I do tend to like to win auctions if I get in them....

stonepecker

Roy and I are just cruzin' around watching the wan-a-bee's take their shots.
And then just like the "Great White" we are going to come up from the depths and make a killin'. :eek:
When you have been taken by surprise.......don't say you were not warned. :thunder::hammer::devil:

elkhorn

Wait a second! If Jeff has used the mug, does that mean you only expect 1/2 of the bid for a brand new one? Who knows what brand of coffee he put in it:wink:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have been drinking coffee out of my managers mug for a week. Perfect size for a good dose of caffeine. I really like this unusual color and the style is one of my favorites.

SURPRISE!!! Jeff orders a mug or two for JEFF!!!!!

SteveG

FOOLISH ONES...who dare rejoin this thread...yes move close to the monitor. My voice is low, menacing.

Yes, I have stepped into the light. But only for a moment, and then I disappear again.
I have ways, many ways; learned through a life subterfuge and stealth. Methods to gain the objective: the mother of all mugs. If you do not want to get hurt...step back. I go now. But I am out here...you do not know where. Flee while you can.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

SURPRISE!!! Jeff orders a mug or two for JEFF!!!!!

That's OK........I'll bid on that one too!!!:tongue:

Dawn, you know I love you as dearly as if you were my sister --- but even family sometimes must take a back seat....However I can be bribed.

KenV

Hmmmm It is sounding like there is some room for side bets on who the ultimate winner will be -- and even room for a pool for closest guess to the final closing bid.

IAP could make a killing on this kind of action -- unless all that talk is just that --- talk.

stonepecker

I would have to say the best one for the job of "IAP Bookie" would be D. Oliver.
However, I wouldn't want to put more stress on that man. Just living in So. Dakota has got to be taking years off him.

I wonder who could do the job and we could trust to give the IAP it's fair share. Someone who is beyond reproach. Who's honesty can't be questioned.

NOPE.........He is running the auctions!
Anyone else got any ideas?

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Hmmmm It is sounding like there is some room for side bets on who the ultimate winner will be -- and even room for a pool for closest guess to the final closing bid.

IAP could make a killing on this kind of action -- unless all that talk is just that --- talk.
Oh it's all just talk....you can just throw out a bid of 5 or 6 dollars and win....try it and see.

bobleibo

Ed, you are in so much trouble~

Ed, no matter how this turns out, you are in trouble. Either it's going to cost you a TON of money as in break out the American Express Black Card or - if Dawn does not win - it will cost you even more. I'm pretty sure there will be a few folks bumping the bidding up just to watch the fireworks.

bobleibo

Oh it's all just talk....you can just throw out a bid of 5 or 6 dollars and win....try it and see.

I'll give you 100 to 1 odds that won't happen......

Bob Wemm

I'll give you 100 to 1 odds that won't happen......

Ya'll can bet ya dang tootin booty that wont happen. 5 or 6 dollars?????, and there I was figgurin $10 might do the trick.:wink:

SteveG

Almost light at my location, but still full darkness. That is where I operate. I am not usually into "Public Service", but some say the people here are good, the innocent bystander variety. Hence my WARNING!

DO NOT LET YOURSELF BECOME COLLATERAL DAMAGE. MOVE FAR AWAY WHILE YOU CAN. This thread is about to become a "Free Fire Zone". I am in familiar territory, you are not. I repeat: FLEE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!

THE MUG IS MINE.

D.Oliver

FOOLISH ONES...who dare rejoin this thread...yes move close to the monitor. My voice is low, menacing.

Yes, I have stepped into the light. But only for a moment, and then I disappear again.
I have ways, many ways; learned through a life subterfuge and stealth. Methods to gain the objective: the mother of all mugs. If you do not want to get hurt...step back. I go now. But I am out here...you do not know where. Flee while you can.

So in other words, you're saying "I'm Batman"!

KenV

Just to see what the talk is worth --

You pick your best estimate of the dollar bid the mug goes for. I get to pick if I think it will go for a higher or lower amount. Which ever is wrong donates $25 to IAP --

But neither of us get to bid on the Mug -- IAP wins either way.

(I will be in travel on Sunday when the auction closes and will even up as needed after I get to Tucson Monday)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Almost light at my location, but still full darkness. That is where I operate. I am not usually into "Public Service", but some say the people here are good, the innocent bystander variety. Hence my WARNING!

DO NOT LET YOURSELF BECOME COLLATERAL DAMAGE. MOVE FAR AWAY WHILE YOU CAN. This thread is about to become a "Free Fire Zone". I am in familiar territory, you are not. I repeat: FLEE WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!

THE MUG IS MINE.

Don't worry folks,
stay calm!!

The only place of full darkness is the Arctic Circle---"SteveG" is a pseudonym---this is really BIGFOOT!!!

Stay out of the Arctic and you shall all be safe!!

SteveG

Revealing a little here, but no fear in this field of under-performers (something like torn underwear). You see one the many tools at my disposal. The notorious MR. ED, (under my direction) would have you all believe you are safe.

BIGFOOT, no less!

You will know when I strike...but then too late for you.

LET THE LONG KNIVES COME OUT!!

KenV

THE MUG IS MINE.

Don't worry folks,
stay calm!!

The only place of full darkness is the Arctic Circle---"SteveG" is a pseudonym---this is really BIGFOOT!!!

Stay out of the Arctic and you shall all be safe!!

Sorry Ed -- you are late with this. Light has returned north of the Arctic Circle and is progressing rapidly toward that part of the year when the sun never sets in the far North.

Getting darker near the South Pole though.........

Dungeons and coal mines will still be dark according the lyrics of an old song.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Just to see what the talk is worth --

You pick your best estimate of the dollar bid the mug goes for. I get to pick if I think it will go for a higher or lower amount. Which ever is wrong donates $25 to IAP --

But neither of us get to bid on the Mug -- IAP wins either way.

(I will be in travel on Sunday when the auction closes and will even up as needed after I get to Tucson Monday)
What mean "we" paleface?

Last edited:

stonepecker

Richard .... you can't start bidding till the Auctioner say so.
But your donation to the IAP will gladly be accepted. Just send it into Jeff.

OK Ed. When ever you are ready.

stonepecker

I would think that the auctions will start tonight after supper ( dinner ) and go all weekend. Ed is probally packing the last of Thursdays double points orders to get them into todays mail.

Take it easy Richard, The IAP will take your money and you will find some really nice things here to bid on.

Besides, Jeff and Ed alreay have their own personal mugs from this year. They don't need to take mine.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would think that the auctions will start tonight after supper ( dinner ) and go all weekend. Ed is probally packing the last of Thursdays double points orders to get them into todays mail.

Take it easy Richard, The IAP will take your money and you will find some really nice things here to bid on.

Besides, Jeff and Ed alreay have their own personal mugs from this year. They don't need to take mine.
Hmmmm....I might not even have to check the 3 cubic acres of gold I have in the basement to win this one.

Top Bottom