SOLD TO TOMT!! BOB WEMM VASE!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This will end at 9:15 PM Sunday
Eastern Standard (New York) Time
Bob Wemm contacted me several days ago and volunteered his vase for an auction for IAP. Since then, we have exchanged several emails--my concern being that his donation will not be duly appreciated by our community of "penmakers".

In spite of my concerns, Bob has continued to express his desire to show his support for the IAP in this way. I sincerely hope this auction works out well.

So, as you all saw last week, Bob Wemm has created this BEAUTIFUL and INTRICATE segmented vase. THEN, he applied the exquisite gradient-color finish to achieve an incredible result. One of the members expressed it as
appearing to be on fire---certainly appropriate description.

Bob describes it as follows: This Segmented Vase is made from Tasmanian Oak and dyed with U-Beaut water dyes, then finished with Krylon Clear Varnish.

It is 12 inches high and 6.25inches at its widest. There are 193 pieces all up.

The vase will be shipped to the winner from Bob in Australia. So those of you "down-under", feel free to "Pipe up" as the Scots would say.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• Wemm vase1.JPG
    Wemm vase1.JPG
    7.3 KB · Views: 626
  • wemmvase2.JPG
    wemmvase2.JPG
    8.3 KB · Views: 623
  • wemm signature.JPG
    wemm signature.JPG
    9.5 KB · Views: 620
  • wemmvase top.JPG
    wemmvase top.JPG
    7.4 KB · Views: 606
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks to
Wayne,
Warren,
Mark,
Mark

and
Mark!!!
(I believe there is a pattern there)

NICE start!!

I'll be back tomorrow, to watch!!
Ed​

Tom T

This is beautiful. I don't know if I can afford what it is truly worth. I will move the price up to $275.00. And keep it moving the right way.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you,
Gordon and
Jon

This is really high flying group on the IAP.
Ed, put me down for $375.00.

Happy to do that,

Tom!!

THANK YOU!!!!

Also happy to report I spent the day catching up on my "real job"--selling copiers. So, if you tried to call, we were not ignoring people--I was out!!

Do I see $395??

Last edited:

Tom T

I thought this was your day job. You sure are making this fun. A great bunch of guy's and gal's bidding it up to help the IAP. I am looking forward to my imported turning from our friend Down under. Hopefully.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark,
I was looking so good. Between you, Ken and Richard I may go home empty handed this year.

Hi Tom... I pick my battles carefully. And when I can see the most likely endpoint, I'll accept it and bow out early if logical.

But... Mr Wemm's vase is mighty nice. (Hi Bob!). Some day I hope to be able to turn works like this! And it is so helpful to see and hold, what you hope to learn...

Let me put this into perspective... I have given my mother a "date" with me, to go to a Cleveland Orchestra Concert the past 9 years as a Christmas Present. These tickets are not cheap... $150-$200/ a piece :eek: (BUT... a Cleveland Cavaiier Basketball ticket is close to $100). So My "Date" with my Mom comes, after dinner... "A bunch of money". And a wonderful memory for us both, and that is wonderful; but after the evening, it is a memory.

BUT... For about the same $$$, I/you/others, can have an incredible, hand-made, vase from someone we actually have conversed with... and can appreciate it every day!

Like I said... I pick my battles!

Cavalier's Tickets vs A Bob Wemm Vase... Not even close (Hi Bob).

So... where's your wallet!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
All I can say is I am REALLY happy to see an appreciation of Bob's work!!

I don't know what a vase SHOULD sell for, but I don't think we are there, however, we have given recognition to Bob's talents!! All is well with the world!!

Again, the IAP thanks you, Bob----equally important, the IAP members have shown their respect for the value of your workmanship!!

Tom T

Mark,
My friend from Ohio. Orlano Magic tickets are more expensive then those from Ohio. I have not been all year so I have saved my pennies. However I took my wife out to a wonderful dinner on Tuesday for our 42 second anniversary.
The vase would be wonderful in either of our homes. It is very beautiful, and hand turn with great care and a mighty talent, a talet I do not possess. So I hope you enjoy it.
Ed with great respect for Mark please put me down for $500.00. It is bed time as I must get up for work at 5:18am so I hope to see a higher number in the morning from Mark or Richard. Bob thank you for sharing your work and talent with us all.

Tom T

Mark,
You are so kind to the auctioneer.
I would never want to attemp take this beautiful, one of a kind, museum quality, hand turned in a far country vase from you so if you really want it say so and I will stop at $575.00 Ed please post $575.00
Tom

tbroye

I would bid but our 49th anniversary was Thursday. Guess where the mad money went. Worth every penny of it. Probably won't do much Bash stuff next year either it will be our 50th and my mother in laws 100th birthday a big party is being thought about.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Mark,
I would never want to attemp take this beautiful, one of a kind, museum quality, hand turned in a far country vase from you so if you really want it say so and I will stop at $575.00 Ed please post $575.00
Tom

Tom:

I'm maxed! :rolleyes: So as the politicians say, "I will cede my time to the Gentleman from the Sunny State of Florida!"

If no higher bids come forth - ENJOY!!! Bob is an incredible supporter of IAP; you have shown your support to IAP; and this vase looks wonderful - so there are no losers today!

Now... I have to get the final BASH Contest started :wink::wink::wink:! We have 4 incredible entries, with a few more to be identified.

Be well Tom!

Tom T

Mark,
You are very kind sir. I was also tapped out and my wife was asking to many questions.
What a great IAP team we have. Thanks for making this fun. If you change your mind I am good with that. As we said the vase is beautiful workmanship.
There may be some other good person in the IAP that takes it home.
May the bidding continue.
Tom

wyone

I wish I had the means to bid. Between jobs right now so no "extra funds"

I am not surprised at all about the bidding. This may primarily be a group for penmaking, but we all recognize true talent and craftsmanship when we see it. I have admired that vase since I first saw it and the skill and artistry to create such a piece amazes me.

Thank you for your contribution and the price for this vase is still way below the price it should be as the work of art it is.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mark,
Tom

Our current leader is

TomT

at
$575

THANK YOU!!!!!

Who will make it $595?

Top Bottom