IAP Collection Ownership

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
This is a post simply for "transparency" for the membership.

On 6/4/2015, I had a notarized "Irrevocable Inter Vivos Deed of Gift" signed and completed for the IAP Collection Holdings.

In simple terms, this is a formal document that the holdings of the IAP Collection is the property of IAP. This is important as there should not be any question that as I, or a successor caretaker (Curator as Jeff boldly labeled me...) receive these incredible pens, they are in fact the property of IAP.

So, if at any time in the future there are questions on this (although I actually expect none) IAP has clear title to the holdings.

I have (unfortunately) been taught several times in my life that it is prudent to get this stuff done before it is an issue.

As I fully expect to pass the baton on managing the IAP Collection to another member at some point, this was a matter of "housekeeping" that was on my checklist. One done, 4,792 to go... :eek:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jsolie

I think Ed is wondering if there's something in the document that specifies who gets it if someone sheds this mortal coil... :cool:

However, since I'm neither a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, I could very well have misinterpreted - which has been known to happen a time or two. My wife can testify to that! :biggrin:

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
I think Ed is wondering if there's something in the document that specifies who gets it if someone sheds this mortal coil... :cool:

However, since I'm neither a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV, I could very well have misinterpreted - which has been known to happen a time or two. My wife can testify to that! :biggrin:

Yup! Successors to me, IAP, and Jeff. Basically in a final rendition...It can be donated to... Arrowmont; Philadephia Center for Art in Wood; etc...

This document is simply giving IAP the power to do whatever it wishes, and the power to dispose of the collection if need be.

chartle

So now that its official is there a secret handshake? Or maybe a club song?

Do we at least get matching jackets? :)

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
So now that its official is there a secret handshake? Or maybe a club song?

Do we at least get matching jackets? :)

:tongue::tongue::tongue: No Handshake, no song, no passwords... But maybe a special blank to be inserted... :eek:

(Bad Joke) - so fire me!

Quality Pen

f7760245cdd92a3da7168f6c504cbc78.jpg

Top Bottom