Display Cases

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
The IAP Collection now has custom-made display cases due to the generosity and skill of Ted Prinz ("Ted inn Michigan"). Ted was reimbursed for materials, and donated his time.

On behalf of the IAP Collection - THANK YOU Ted!

These are beautiful, can be locked, displayed open or closed, and have fold-down tilt blocks underneath.

Depending on the space available when the Collection is displayed, 30-36 pens can be displayed (per case), or when space is available, both cases can be utilized. And, there is room for the Collection to grow.

The first picture is Ted with the cases.

Attachments

• IMG_2524.jpg
    IMG_2524.jpg
    175.3 KB · Views: 439
  • IMG_2531.jpg
    IMG_2531.jpg
    171.2 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_2530.jpg
    IMG_2530.jpg
    236 KB · Views: 410
  • IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    242.8 KB · Views: 343
  • IMG_2533.jpg
    IMG_2533.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 349
  • IMG_2534.jpg
    IMG_2534.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_2535.jpg
    IMG_2535.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Thanks all - I sure do appreciate the kind words. This was a nice project. I also participate at Wood Magazine online and posted a "build story with pics" there. For those of you who are interested, the link is here: PEN DISPLAY CASES DONE - WOOD Community .

But I have to say that I hope Hawkdave is wrong. I tried to keep any bling away from the cases 'cause I didn't want them to detract from the pens. And let me tell you - when Mark picked up the cases, he brought the pens with him and there are some truly amazing examples there. Plus - added bonus - each one has a unique story.

IAP and Wood magazine online have a very similar (and sometimes the same) membership. Both sites have folk who are open, helpful and sharing (and often funny - funny is good). I've learned much here and I saw this as just giving back a part of what I've received.

jttheclockman

Ted you did a great job. The cases are not overwhelming and just compliment the great examples of pen making. Now they have safe passage and can be displayed properly. Thanks for getting that project done. Hope you made a couple extra so that when the display grows over time there is room for expansion. Looks great.

John - Per Mark's request, I made the 2 shown in his post. That gives him enough room to display all the pens in the collection plus there's room for the collection to grow a bit.

Of course, I'd be happy to build more should there be a need.

Top Bottom