Summer Extravaganza Kitless Pen Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The general rules apply and
You must have made the pen you submitted. It may not have been shown before August 1st 2014.
It may be any style pen or pencil you wish to make. Laser, cnc, handwork all are permissible.
You may use a commercially made clip if you hide the ring, or you may eliminate the clip or make one yourself.
Commercial feed and nib assemblies, refills and transmissions, lead and pen mechanisms are allowed. Nose cones and center bands from kits will not. No commercial kit finials are allowed.

You will judged by
1- creativity
2-scope of original work in making the parts
3-looks, we all like a pretty pen!

3 pictures of your pen will be emailed to me mike@silverpenparts.com by 8-18-2014 by 1159pm Eastern Stardard time.

Judging by your peers will consist of two polls if necessary. Top 5 of the first poll will be selected for a second poll to determine the winners.

Prizes
First Place - $50 Gift certificate from The Classic Nib, and a $50 gift certificate through IAP

Second Place $30 gift certifcate from Robutacion

Third place- Box of Blanks from Edohmann

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Marker

You say center bands will not be allowed...Dose this just mean no center bands from any pen kit???

Would I be allowed to use a center band, if I make it myself???

or just NO center bands at all???

Thanks

Last edited:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Center bands from the kit will not be allowed you can eliminate it or make your own. Depends on what kind of pen your submitting. Thanks I changed the rules to clarify...........Hopefully

Ed McDonnell

I'm guessing that a kit section is also not allowed. People should make their own if going the fountain route?

I'm glad to see that you are not compromising the pen makers artistic vision with any arbitrary (or non-arbitrary) restrictions on tools and methods. Unlike some other contests I won't name.....

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Yes this is the kitless pen competition.

It's what other contests aspire to be when they grow up!!

Ed

Okay I found the thumbs up button, but where's the thumbs down one?

Hey!!! I'm still waiting for an answer to my question over on the slim contest. What are you doing snooping around over here instead of taking care of business over there?

Ed

Who understands that it would be almost impossible for any IAP forum member to not want to frequently check out what's happening in the cutting edge kitless pen contest forum.

D.Oliver

It's been said that less is more, but not in the case of kit-less. In that case less is actually less. As in less fun and less rewarding than these two contest:

Slimline Contest and Ball Point Contest

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe S.

I'm guessing that a kit section is also not allowed. People should make their own if going the fountain route?

I'm glad to see that you are not compromising the pen makers artistic vision with any arbitrary (or non-arbitrary) restrictions on tools and methods. Unlike some other contests I won't name.....

Ed

I wonder if it's time to pull out the rooster molds again...

mmyshrall

It's been said that less is more, but not in the case of kit-less. In that case less is actually less. As in less fun and less rewarding than these two contest:

Slimline Contest and Ball Point Contest

:devil: heheh

Wow, Mike. I like the way your mind twists and turns in this case. Sorry, Derek, but this was really funny... :laugh::laugh::laugh:. It took me a while to figure out what he did. Yes, a bit on the low side, but, well, you know...

Michael

Ed McDonnell

Ed

I wonder if it's time to pull out the rooster molds again...

I think you should. I keep waiting to see what you do with those.

Ed

jyreene

Wait...one more thing...I know I know I could just edit my last one but I'm really really lazy. Do the Schmidt rollerball cartridge things within the boundaries of your arbitrary rules....I'm a butterfly!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
The idea/challange is to make your own parts. Yes the Schmidt Roller Writers can be used. They qualify as a nib/feed part since you will have to build the front section to hold them.

lyonsacc

cccpq.jpg

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have our first entry. AND I glad to announce its a great pen! Guaranteed to be a winner, (because its the only entry so far)!

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We have our second entry we have a great contest and room for more, even one from Derek if he can still make a pen

Top Bottom