SLIMLINE CONTEST

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

D.Oliver

I'm trying to send a conformation email for all the entries I have gotten. If you haven't gotten a reply from me after a couple of days of sending in your entry, get a hold of me. You can post in the thread or PM.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lyonsacc

Mr. Oliver,

I am having some troubles and would like your advice (I usually seek advice from those wiser and better looking :beauty: than me). I am trying to complete my masterpiece entry for the slimline contest but I keep having problems. There is another contest being run by some bloke that has kept my lathe occupied by others in the family. For reasons mentioned above I have not sought his :alien: advice. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can get my lathe back away from my kids? They have taken over a chunk of my workshop and are playing with my toys!! I have asked my wife about this and she said something about family and money and time. I don't know what else she said, it was hard to hear her through my sobbing. Any advice would be helpful!!!

Turning Desperate,
Dave

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Dave, If I win the Slimline contest, I'll owe your kids a box of blanks for keeping you away from the lathe. My chances are still "slim" but certainly better if you're not in.;-)

D.Oliver

Mr. Oliver,

I am having some troubles and would like your advice (I usually seek advice from those wiser and better looking :beauty: than me). I am trying to complete my masterpiece entry for the slimline contest but I keep having problems. There is another contest being run by some bloke that has kept my lathe occupied by others in the family. For reasons mentioned above I have not sought his :alien: advice. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can get my lathe back away from my kids? They have taken over a chunk of my workshop and are playing with my toys!! I have asked my wife about this and she said something about family and money and time. I don't know what else she said, it was hard to hear her through my sobbing. Any advice would be helpful!!!

Turning Desperate,
Dave

The answer is simple. Get another lathe. The wife can't be mad because your're doing it so you can spend time with your family! That bloke you mentioned probably planned this all along. Sneaky devil he is.

As an aside I've got this image in my head of you and your kids in your shop and you're saying things to them like "Are you sure you don't want to play video games all day?" or "You kids should spend more time texting your freinds!" as you try to get your lathe back.:biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

I'm surprised that nobody has offered Dave the amazingly simple and absolutely optimal solution to his problem. All he has to do is teach his kids to make a kitless pen. This would of course involve him making a kitless pen to show them how (bam!! his entry done). Then the kids can have a go at their entries. No muss, no fuss.

Ed

D.Oliver

I'm surprised that nobody has offered Dave the amazingly simple and absolutely optimal solution to his problem. All he has to do is teach his kids to make a kitless pen. This would of course involve him making a kitless pen to show them how (bam!! his entry done). Then the kids can have a go at their entries. No muss, no fuss.

Ed

Oh....well I guess I was under the assumption Dave loved his kids.:tongue:

D.Oliver

Okay as of this moring I am caught up on the entries, so if you have not got an email from me confirming your entry into the contest get in touch with me (email or pm). We still have a couple hours of let and I think I can still squeeze a few more entires into the contest

D.Oliver

Thank you all for your hard work getting your entries in. Much appreciated. I working on the voting poll and hopefully it will be up shortly. Thanks again, without all the great pens in this thread the kitless guys would have thought their contest was the best.

Kenny Durrant

Thank you for all you've done and are about to do. It's been interesting following the harassment between you and the others. I can't wait to see all the pens and also curious to see how far if any I was able to get off the bottom.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Please do NOT feed the animals or Encourage Derek. :biggrin: Its against the law:tongue:

Kenny Durrant

Mike I understand the laws and rules but during one of my earlier post in Show Off Your Pens I misrepresented a piece that I embedded and Derik pointed it out. I don't know if he remembers it or not but he said "I offended an entire state". I guess I feel like I need to push the edge to try to make it up to everyone up in S.D.

Top Bottom