• Pen #17

Votes: 36 31.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Welcome to the Finals Voting for the
Antler, Bone and Horn Pen Contest

Although all entries were worthy, we have our five finalists that were chosen in the first round of voting. Voting in this round will end on Feb 23.

The prizes for this contest are:

1st place --- Box of Blanks from vanngo5d valued at $200

2nd place--- A silver euro pen kit from Silver Pen Parts valued at $120

3rd place--- A Jr Gent blank from Capt G valued at $75

Your choices are below. The descriptions were provided by the entrants.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Pen #1

Pen #1 -
Full size Emperor Fountain Pen with Horn from a Dall Sheep in Alaska. It does have a different smell from some other antlers I have used but stinks none the less.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Pen #2

Pen #2

Canadiana pen kit, sterling silver with black titanium accents. Section of moose antler that is almost pure white. Pen is intended as a gift for a friend

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Pen #3

Pen #3

This is a hand shaped brow tine antler pen on a chrome PSI Cartridge Click pen. It is very comfortable to hold and write with. I turned the ends, carefully avoiding the rotating brow tine, then shaped the body using a combination of belt sanders and hand sanding. It is polished up to 400 grit and buffed out on a cloth buffing wheel.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Pen #9

Pen #9

Chrome JR Gent FP kit, made from Bison Horn. This pen is not from the solid tip of the Bison's horn. I made this pen from a section where the marrow bone (white) and the horn's core (black) is separating from each other. This is still all covered by the outer skin of the horn. To keep the white bone and the inner core from splitting, I cut it to ¾ "squire and cast in clear PR under 30PSI. The pressure helped the PR to penetrate into the layers of the bone and the core to make it solid. This enabled me to drill it. Turning it took away the PR except what was pressed into the layers to keep the bone and the core together. Finish with CA and buffed with white diamond and carnauba wax.

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
Pen #17

Pen #17

Pieces of Antler cast in black resin with a touch of pearl pigment. Arrangement of pieces makes interesting visual effect. Churchill FPN in sterling silver with Heritance nib.

Last edited:

allisnut

Great job to all and congratulations to the winners. Mine was the brow time pen. I had hoped to win of course, but I had fun playing. Again, congratulations to the winners!

Top Bottom