Votes: 1 0.6%
  • No Stinkin' Rules Photo Entry 18

Votes: 18 10.8%
  • No Stinkin' Rules Photo Entry 19

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

toddlajoie

Below are the entries for the We Don't Need No Stinkin'; Rules Photo Contest. For information on the contest, check this thread. These are photos designed to inspire a new generation of world leaders, scare small children, and rid your garden of pests.:eek:

I'm deeply disturbed by the entries this year :wink:, and came very close to reporting some of you to your local authorities :biggrin:. I don't envy all of you having to make sense of this, ummm, collection, yea that's a neutral word for it, collection of fine images from the disturbed inner minds of your fellow pen turners.

Look them over and see if you can find one that stands out above the rest, be it in a Stephen King Novel sort of way, or an "I think I need to call my momma!" sort of way.

One vote per person (even you folks from Chicago and Florida!!!), so take your time and look over all the photos before you decide, Voting will close on February 28th, so don't wait to long!!!

And thanks and good luck to all our contestants!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

No Stinkin' Rules Entry 01

Description:One small step for man,One Giant Leap for Mankind

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0001a - 2-100_4284.jpg
    0001a - 2-100_4284.jpg
    159.3 KB · Views: 966
Last edited:

toddlajoie

No Stinkin' Rules Entry 02

Description:Happy winner of end-of-the-year promotional drawing of stylus slimline.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0002 - slava.jpg
    0002 - slava.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 959

toddlajoie

No Stinkin' Rules Entry 04

Description: My constant supervisor, on his very own shop stool.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0004a - IMG_0320_3.jpg
    0004a - IMG_0320_3.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 957
Last edited:

toddlajoie

No Stinkin' Rules Entry 12

Description: My wife said that every time she looked at my pen blank storage cubbies, they looked fuller than the last time. I didn't think that was possible. She insisted, and set up a night vision camera. Son of a gun! You thought the Shoemaker and the Elves was just a fable. I guess I'm the penmaker and the Hodge-Podge? Gnome runs the Erector set crane, hoisting the blanks to Metalman, who is the only guy small enough to fit the cubby for stacking. Ox Team Two hauls in the blanks to the landing, where Troll (of Billy Goats Gruff fame) unchains them and attaches them to the crane. Wish they'd do a little cleaning, but as long as they bring good blanks I'm satisfied. Wife, as usual, was right.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0012 - NightVision.jpg
    0012 - NightVision.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 765

toddlajoie

No Stinkin' Rules Entry 13

Description: One small step for man,One Giant Leap for Mankind

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0013 - 1-100_4281.JPG
    0013 - 1-100_4281.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 786

toddlajoie

No Stinkin' Rules Entry 14

Description: Little Green Apples

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0014a - apple (1).jpg
    0014a - apple (1).jpg
    148.5 KB · Views: 759
Last edited:

toddlajoie

No Stinkin' Rules Entry 15

Description: Nice and cozy photo tent. "Sorry, no pen photos tonight"

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0015 - Krzysztof.jpg
    0015 - Krzysztof.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 762

toddlajoie

No Stinkin' Rules Entry 18

Description: "My Faithful Pen Turning Assistant"

attachment.php

Attachments

• 0018a - Pen Assistant.jpg
    0018a - Pen Assistant.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 752
Last edited:

toddlajoie

There they are folks!!!

All kidding aside, we got a great bunch of entries this year, and the styles are all over the map, which is going to make it hard to pick just one. Give it some thought, and support your fellow IAP Bashers and send them your votes!!!

Dale Lynch

I'm not asking who the person or persons are.I'm just questioning the photos themselves.They appear to be the same setup but from different views.Should they have separate votes?

Dale Lynch

If that's what it is I got nomore issue.I just thought they were from the same person.On the entry form you can submit up to 2 photos.I thought that the pictures were being split apart and entered.I also thought if that is the case shouldn't those votes be combined.

Dan Masshardt

If it's the same person and two different entries it's only going to split up their votes and hurt their chance. I would think anyway.

But that's the persons choice.

toddlajoie

Concerning Multiple similar entries by the same person.

In past years, the photo contests were judged by a small panel of volunteer members of the IAP community. Under that system, allowances could be made for people who submitted 2 very similar entries and people who submitted 2 very different entries. Based on feedback last year, all contests were converted over to open polling by the entire IAP community. I had not forseen the effect this would have on these 2 different types of entries. I understand that some thought that their 2 photos would be judged together while others thought the opposite. So the issue becomes how we can resolve these differences in a manner that is fair for ALL contestants.

I would like to keep the polls & voting set up as they are. Eliminating or combining entries at this point would likely require us to cancel the current poll and re-create it. I realize that people who submitted very similar photos have the possibility that votes they would have gotten would be split between the 2 entries, but combining their votes would not be fair to the people who submitted only one photo. At the same time, combining the votes for those who submitted 2 very different photos would not be fair to ANYONE else in the contest.

The best possible solution to this that I can come up with is this: In the end, I will analyze the voting, and if in the situations where someone entered 2 very similar entries, the combined votes would have brought them into range of the top 3 spots, Jeff has offered to look in the bottom of the prize vault for any goodies that may have fallen through the cracks, and I will take whatever he may be able to spare and add a few things I have available, and I will put together a consolation prize for those member(s) that will be in the ballpark range of the 3rd place prize.

I hope this is satisfactory to those members affected by this, and I appreciate your understanding as this contest adjusts to the intricacies of the new voting style. I will be sure to be more clear on these points in the future.

toddlajoie

Still plenty of voting time left!!!!

Choices may be hard, but nothing worthwhile in life is easy!!!!

Don't miss your chance to do your IAP Civic Duty,

• No Voter Identification requirements!!!
  • No National Citizenship requirements (just IAP Citizenship, which is free to all, but does NOT offer healthcare!!!)!!!
  • No walking past Poll Sign holders on your way to the voting booth!!!
  • No kids bake sale to tempt you on the way out!!!!
  • Just fun and frivolity and supporting (one of ) your fellow penturners (while kicking 18 others at the same time :frown:)
It's pretty easy, just pick a number between 1 and 19, look and make sure that's the photo you like best, if it is not , repeat the process until it is, find the radio button with that number in it's text and click away, be sure to click the "Vote Now" button when you've made your selection, then go out and reward yourself with a nice Hot Chocolate, knowing you made someone feel special and you like them, you really, really like them!!!!:biggrin:

Be sure to leave a note to prove you are a contributing IAP Voting Member and support all those who braved the potential public stigma of having entered this contest!!!

toddlajoie

Just over an hour left and as of right now, there is a TIE for first place!!! Now EVERYTHING here DESERVES first place, but we're still 20 or so votes below the number of votes for some of the less important contests here on the Bash, so I know some of you out there can break this tie!!!!

Top Bottom