Votes: 35 19.1%
  • Pen 3

Votes: 81 44.3%
  • Pen 4

Votes: 67 36.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Buzzzz4

Pens 2, 3, and 4 have made it to the finals! Now it is time to award the prizes. Your vote will establish which place they come in.

You are voting on aesthetics, creativity of objects, and fit and finish of the pen.

The Prizes are:

First: Choice of any 6 "Tube-In" Molds provided by PTown Subbie Silicone Molds
http://www.ptownsubbie.com/

Second: Choice of any 4 "Tube-In" Molds provided by PTown Subbie Silicone Molds
Third: Choice of any 3 "Tube-In" Molds provided by PTown Subbie Silicone Molds
http://www.ptownsubbie.com/

This poll closes Feb. 27 at 11:59pm

Here are the pens!

Pen 2

The pen kit is a full size Majestic in 22k Gold and Rhodium. The blank is a modified watch parts. I start with painting the tube, adding the carbon fiber and letting it dry. Then Cut and drilled pieces of Tru-Stone Red JAsper with Gold Veins and slip it over the carbon fiber. Glue on all the watch parts and then cast as normal with epoxy. Turn, polish and assemble.

Tube 2a.jpg Tube 2b.jpg

Pen 3
Knights Armor Pen kit. Made using metal and copper pen blank with a sterling silver Celtic cross. Cast is Silmar 41 PR.

Tube 3a.jpg Tube 3b.jpg

Pen 4

The pen is made around a set of Baron Chrome Fountain pen components. The blanks are made from a combination of Dress Making Pins, Carbon Fibre and Watch Parts. The pins had the head and points removed and the ends ground flat. They are then stuck to the tubes with CA. Each length down the body is made from 3 pieces. The body has a section of Carbon Fibre inlay which is made from a piece of sleeve that I cut open and stiffened by covering in thin CA before cutting and sanding to final width. The cap was first covered with Carbon Fibre sleeve and flooded with CA. A section was then turned off and further Dress Making pins applied. Watch Parts are then bent and stuck in place before casting in Tube On Moulds in Clear PR. Turned to size, sanded with Micromesh and 3 stage polishing applied using a scratch remover, polish and then a final wax is applied.

Tube 4a.jpg Tube 4b.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

brownsfn2

It looks like the date on the poll say the 28th? Is that just me not knowing how to look at the poll.

Don't get me wrong though. The anticipation is killing me. :)

Buzzzz4

It looks like the date on the poll say the 28th? Is that just me not knowing how to look at the poll.

Don't get me wrong though. The anticipation is killing me. :)

You are right, unfortunately, when setting up a poll, it only allows you to set the end day. We are going to change it to end today at 10:46 pm.

I realize the original posting said midnight, but due to limitations it will close tonight at 10:46 pm

Last edited:
Top Bottom