Votes: 83 40.1%
  • Pen #6

Votes: 48 23.2%
  • Pen #7

Votes: 21 10.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Pen #1

Description: This pen is made from a candy cane that my 11 year old graciously rounded for me, a ring pop cap, chocolate for the ink and a stand from ribbon candy. Thanks for the fun contest idea.

Attachments

• ediblepen2014-1.jpg
    ediblepen2014-1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 321
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Pen #2

Pen #2

Description: Teehee. I had to do it! Here is a picture of a few of my latest favorite vege.. I mean, pens! Doesn't a bit of comic relief count for anything?

Attachments

• Edible pen 2014-2.jpg
    Edible pen 2014-2.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 449
Pen #3

Pen #3

Description: A self cast yellow/purple sugar paste no center band slim line and a sugar paste wood grain (food coloring) cigar with edible gold dust hardware. The "paper" is also sugar paste.

Attachments

• Edible pen 2014-3.jpg
    Edible pen 2014-3.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 405
Pen #4

Pen #4

Description: This delicious beauty is made from hand rolled white chocolate chip cranberry cookie dough, with a medium raspberry nib, raspberry segment center band, and a spearmint atloid clip. Hands on help came from both my daughter (12) and son (9).

Attachments

• edible pen 2014-4.jpg
    edible pen 2014-4.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 294
Pen #5

Pen #5

Description: Constructed of home made Modeling Chocolate, and Fondant, a rolled confectioners icing. Dyed, painted, and metallic dusted all with edible materials. Ball style twist cap. There is a feed under that nib, complete with ribbing, etc....Only allowed one photo ;)

Attachments

• edible pen 2014-5.jpg
    edible pen 2014-5.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 421
Pen #6

Pen #6

Description: My pen is modeled after a nickel plated 30-06 bullet pen with a cocobolo top. My wife decorates cakes as a hobby and I raided (with her permission of course) her decorating goods to come up with the supplies for this years entry. It is made entirely out of gum paste. The components are pinned together with raw spaghetti noodles. The finish on the bullet and casing and clip is pearl dust mixed with a tiny bit of water to make a paint like substance. The finish on the pen top is brown, orange and burgundy gel food coloring thinned and hand painted to give it the appearance of cocobolo. Thank you for organizing this category again this year. It is fun to push the creativity limits to come up with this stuff. Thanks for taking a look and voting.

Attachments

• Edible pen 2014-6.jpg
    Edible pen 2014-6.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 356
Pen #7

Pen #7

Description: Made from Slim Jim Meat snacks. Removable finial for the cap, and since its got no clip there is a pen pillow. The nib is a grain of rice. Cap is friction fit to the body.

Attachments

• edible pen 2014-7.jpg
    edible pen 2014-7.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 372

Bob Wemm

Oh me Oh my, which one????? It's so hard doing this from so far away. If only I could smell or taste some of these beauties, it would be so much easier.
Oh well, I guess I will have to go for the one that look best. IMHO of course.

Congratulations to all the entrants, and thanks for the fun contest.

Bob.

allisnut

I may be slow, since it took me a while to find this, but should this folder be more visible? It isn't on the front page with all the other bash folders.

alphageek

Former Moderator
not much of a choice on this one :(

How did I know you'd have a negative comment - I don't think there is a contest you've been happy with Ed... No one is forcing you to be here.

Personally, even with just 7 choices I'm having a tough time choosing. Do I give the most fun my vote, the best looking, the best tasting?

I'm sorry, but the carrots are out for me... The rest - I may have to think a bit harder on.

edstreet

How did I know you'd have a negative comment - I don't think there is a contest you've been happy with Ed... No one is forcing you to be here.

Personally, even with just 7 choices I'm having a tough time choosing. Do I give the most fun my vote, the best looking, the best tasting?

I'm sorry, but the carrots are out for me... The rest - I may have to think a bit harder on.

I am not sure what trolls eat but your carrots are #2 entry ;)

OKLAHOMAN

To me this is a fun contest and it looks like we have some kids along with Dad making some, just good family fun. I had a devil of a time picking one out but took my time between snacks and finally made a decision.

alphageek

Former Moderator
I am not sure what trolls eat but your carrots are #2 entry ;)

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[5] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

Funny - You calling me a troll. Seems to me you might want to come out from behind the camera now and then and find a mirror.

ossaguy

Lots of fun looking at all of these!

It was hard to choose.

Now I gotta go to the fridge....

Steve

Hendu3270

LOL, Yeah for me, it all boiled down to the one I'd enjoy eating the most!! This one is always fun.

For some reason, I think the person who submitted the carrots won't be too torn up.. I have a STRANGE feeling that they were pulling Chris's chain. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I'll start to set up the polls tomorrow morning. I like to keep the rules as simple as possible. If it's there before I'm done setting up the polls it will be entered. :cake: At present a picture of a carrot could place.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Top Bottom