zEighth Anniversary BLUE mug, SOLD, THANK YOU!!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
From the eighth anniversary (2012), we have this BLUE mug. As you can see, the eighth anniversary logo was rectangular, for the first time.

Again, Stonepecker is bidding $20, looking for a raise to $30, please??
Again this will end Saturday late afternoon, early evening.

Attachments

• 8th-BLUE.JPG
    8th-BLUE.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 223
Last edited:

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Boy did I take a lot of ribbing for the year 8 mugs. It was called "The Teacup", and "The Shot Glass", and "The How Dare You Call That a Coffee Cup"! It was SMALL! 10 ounces. Good for a generous serving of espresso! I recall that I was trying to make up for a few previous "generously-sized" mugs. All that said, I did like how these turned out.

If you want a piece of history-never-to-be-repeated, now is your chance! This logo was designed by Martin Osborn

Last edited:

Tom T

I am drinking from the blue 9th year mug I was able to obtain in the last round.
26-33% times better tasting hot chocolate for sure. Coffee is 28-34 times better.
I will go 37.99 it will look good in my collection.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Coffee in this mug will certainly have to be 33% better than prior years, since there is about FIFTY PERCENT LESS of it!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PERFECT size for today's PERSONAL coffee makers----the 10 oz isn't bad when you use the "strong" option---DAMHIKT!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
THANK YOU!!!
to all who have bid!!

Time to go home for dinner,
at the moment we have
RYAN
in at
$80

Feel free to bid, I will return tomorrow morning!!

THANKS AGAIN for your support of IAP!!!!

Ed

Uhoh, it looks like I'm going to be burdened by two of the awesome 8th anniversary mugs. :biggrin:

I'm only going to be able to afford to get in a war on one. This could get expensive. :0

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:Coffee in this mug will certainly have to be 33% better than prior years, since there is about FIFTY PERCENT LESS of it!!!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

PERFECT size for today's PERSONAL coffee makers----the 10 oz isn't bad when you use the "strong" option---DAMHIKT!!!
Also does pretty good for the 'small' size on your Kuerig, might even do for the 'medium'.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Can these still be purchased

I started to answer you two hours ago---this time I hope to complete it!

The anniversary mugs are a traditional part of the birthday bash!! For the fifth anniversary, Jeff (the IAP owner) had some cool blue mugs made and there was a competition to make the 5th anniversary logo. There were 100 made and they were numbered. If you wanted to, you could make a donation to the IAP ($50 or more) and get a mug as a thank you gift. At the time, many members were regularly donating to keep the site running, so this was a chance to get a "keepsake".

Ever since this event in 2009, the IAP has grown, and the birthday bash has grown.

So that is the SHORT "history" of the anniversary mugs. Each has a different anniversary logo, that was designed by a member.

Hope this helps,
Ed

Last edited:

Tom T

Thank you
Well that raises the price. Good planning Jeff. My inventory never comes out that good.
These mugs are priceless.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have been informed that "Jacobson" was an 11 year old, operating without the consent of his parents. As soon as that information was received, Jeff terminated his membership.

Jeff and I discussed the matter and decided to ask Ryan if he would like to have the mug for his bid of $80. He has replied that he would be happy to purchase it, so that is the solution we are using.

At a real auction, we SEE the bidders. In this virtual world, we have no way to know if the bidder is "qualified" or if they are a minor.

We THANK Ryan for his bid and we are happy to allow him to purchase the mug with the last, highest "qualified" bid.

Ed

Top Bottom