First auction winner---Elkhorn---thank you, John!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
"Without further ado" (so, you MISSED the PREVIOUS ado, ehhhhh?)

Well, time to start an auction!!

As a "warmer-upper", I have some interesting wood blanks----a set of FOUR blanks from Mount Vernon.

I purchased these from Historical Woods while Bill Jewell was alive---Bill was a completely reliable source of woods, so I know the information I am presenting here is accurate. I also have a Certificate of Authenticity, signed by Bill (I have had these for a couple years---we had been working on several possible projects, this was one of them).

I am selling one set of four blanks, described as follows:
"In 2003 hurricane Isabel severly damaged several trees on the Mount Vernon Estate, including the massive 140 year old pecan tree that grew 115 feet off the south east corner of the mansion.

In 2003, Mount Vernon had to remove several trees from the property to clear the way for construction of the new educational and visitors center. This included two Black Cherry trees.

The 150 year old Black Walnut tree was removed from the site of Washington's whiskey distillery. Archaeologists found the original stone foundation to Washington's distillery and this tree was too close to the foundation to save.

The Ash tree grew on the bowling green in front of the Mount Vernon mansion, along the serpentine walk. This tree was a replacement for one of the originals planted by Washington, that succumbed to disease many years prior."

Let me be clear (as Bill always was), this is NOT likely witness wood. But these are old growth woods from the Mount Vernon estate.

Can we start the bidding at $10???

Auction will end Tuesday night at 9 PM EASTERN standard time.

Attachments

• Mtvernon-4pack.jpg
    Mtvernon-4pack.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 363
  • mt vernonback.jpg
    mt vernonback.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 213
Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
A veritable plethora of bids!!!

Thank you gentlemen!!
Parrothead is currently "in" at $35, Do I see $40??

(Nice to be able to edit!!)

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
$30.

May we assume there are standard pen-blank size?

THANK YOU, John!!!!!!!!

YES, they are 3/4 strong by 5" strong. IF we need to be more precise, I will be happy to measure---I have them safely stored next door, where I take the pics---so I don't misplace them!!

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
HEY, Karl found us on our new home!!

The "Auctions" forum is newly-created.

Thanks to Jeff!!!!!!!!!

Here I should be able to edit and make sure
we don't have any "little errors"!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
THANK YOU<

Karl!!!!

Jumped over 70!!

Anybody in for $80??

You can think for a couple minutes, but you DO HAVE to make a decision by Tuesday NIGHT!!:eek::eek::eek:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey GOOD TURNS---Jon, is back!!

I think you missed last year, Jon!!

Nice to have you return!!

Now, who wants to say

$85??

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Bid high enough and you might get Ed to turn a pen for you.....:biggrin: I won 'herbie' a couple of years ago and Ed graciously turned something for me - now one of the highlights of my collection.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
And yes, I can be persuaded to make a pen for anyone who wants one and has made this kind of donation to IAP!!!

Just tell me what type you like and I will "whip up something"----remember I am an "intermediate"---I use kits!!!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
And yes, I can be persuaded to make a pen for anyone who wants one and has made this kind of donation to IAP!!!

Just tell me what type you like and I will "whip up something"----remember I am an "intermediate"---I use kits!!!!
If you want I'll add something to the pot if the bid goes above $300? - I'm not going to bid on this one.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the offer, Smitty. This is the "warmer-upper", we will get serious in the pen auctions and the mug auctions.

This one, I hope the winner can make 4 pens and make money on the blanks. I have no real idea what they are worth, but Bill isn't going to be offering them for sale, for sure.

I have 3 additional sets.

Check the couch for more change!!

Who wants to bid $260???

elkhorn

Ed, if you're serious, I would go $275.00 for a set. Just let me know (and it would be better for my image if you shortened it to "Elk" rather than "horny" :)

Top Bottom