Auctions--the show will go on!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I have been asked whether we will continue to have the auctions, in spite of February ending (and the bash ending).

YES

When we were not seeing a lot of members coming to IAP in the middle of the month, I decided to wait until later. Now, members are coming by to see who won what and they MIGHT find something interesting to bid on!!

We have about ten remaining---JohnU blanks, CaptG blanks and some GREAT pens.

So, keep stopping in!!! Each one will run for at least a day and a half, most will be 2 days (that's my goal).

We will probably keep going until the middle of the week.

Thanks for following the auctions!!

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

longbeard

Great to hear that Ed.
Whatcha think about an auction maybe one weekend every 6 to 8 weeks or something to that effect? Nothing that where we will get tired of seeing them.

Harry

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'd love to do it, Harry.

I will suggest that to Mike Broberg (Activity Chair) and see how he feels about it.

Probably best to give him a week or two to relax---he's been bashed around pretty good in the last month!!

Thanks for your enthusiasm!!

Ed

Bob Wemm

Great to hear that Ed.
Whatcha think about an auction maybe one weekend every 6 to 8 weeks or something to that effect? Nothing that where we will get tired of seeing them.

Harry

I reckon that is a great idea. Good opportunity to keep the funds rolling in, but we have to keep in mind that there are only a certain amount of prizes(items) that would be available throughout the year, including the BASH.
That's my only concern.
It certainly is worth some discussion.

Bob.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Well, it would let some of the members with shallower pockets get in on the action. But.....it could take away from the bash auctions I know I can only afford to spend so much, right now it all gets spent at the bash and we have moved the price of desireable items way up at the bash over the last 3 years. 4 years ago I was buying pretty good stuff for what is bid in the first 5 minutes now ($150).

stonepecker

And it just might give some of the other members a chance to give a little bit more when the weather is nice. Not all of us make their living while working inside.

Hopefully, I can surprise a few of the IAP members.

Top Bottom