The Wood Identification Contest!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

Hello Everyone,
Welcome to the 2014 Wood Identification Contest Sponsered by The Classic Nib. The contest will run every day starting on February 1 2014 until February 25th 2014. There are 25 daily prizes, one for each day, and each daily contest will remain open until won.
If necessary additional clues will be provided. The daily post will be made at 7 pm, US EST.
We will be using different wood from all around the world, Some will be easy and some will be a little tough. Common names will be accepted, but for example "Some sort of pine" will not make be accepted, whereas "Knotty Pine" will.
PLEASE HAVE FUN!!!.

The Rules are as follows;-

Welcome to the 2014 Birthday Bash Wood Identification Contest sponsored by The Classic Nib. This is your opportunity to win a great Prize for doing nothing more than identifying a picture of a piece of wood.

To be eligible to participate in this or any other IAP activity or contest, your public profile must contain your first and last name and your City and State (or equiv) of residence. Additionally, you must have completed all previous activities you signed up to participate in. If you have failed to complete a previous activity you have already been so notified by the Activity Manager.

Each day prior to 7.00pm (EST) a photo or photos of a wood species will be posted. Members are to identify the species by posting their guess in this thread. The first member to correctly identify the wood is that days' winner. Any name by which the wood is known by will be considered to be the correct answer. However, eg. (it looks like a pine to me), will not be accepted. The contest co-ordinator will determine the winner and his decision will be final.

Each daily contest will remain open until the wood is correctly identified, even if it takes several days to do so. Additional clues may be added at the discretion of the contest co-ordinator.

Thanks
Chris

Last edited by a moderator:

buttonsHT

:wink:

Attachments

• identifying-wood.jpg
    identifying-wood.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 29,315

sumterdad

I have some big shoes to fill behind Bob in this contest. But let's make it fun and remember some will be a little challenging but some will be easy so look for the first one tonight. I will give you a hint....... it grows and has leaves and we make pens out of it:biggrin:

sumterdad

As you have seen in the title this contest is sponsored by The Classic Nib. The prize this year is a very generous prize in my opinion and many thanks to Roy for his generosity. This year the daily prize will be a $30 Gift Certificate to classic nib, one for each day, plus one for the person who enters the most times and never wins. This should keep the guesses coming in and remember to have fun. Thanks again Roy:highfive:

OKLAHOMAN

We're once again happy to be the sponsor of the " The Wood Identification Contest", last year we had a blast with this contest and Bob did a magnificent job running it. This year Chris will do as good a job as Bob did and I look forward with working with him, there just might be a few surprises this year so keep coming back daily to find out what is up my sleeve.

OKLAHOMAN

We have a winner, Andrew Jordan, know here as Maxwell_Smart007
FOTSOTR WOOD = Found on the side of the road wood.
Andrew PM me your address and I'll start looking along the side of the road for your wood:biggrin::wink:.

sumterdad

Now that's a nice start we have just over 3 1/2 hrs before the first picture is posted hmm mm will it be easy to start with or hard:wink:

sumterdad

OK here we go this wood grows naturally in the us. Now let questing begin and remember the first one to answer correctly wins.

Attachments

• 3551.jpg
    3551.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:

sumterdad

Congratulations! ! We have a winner! The winner is Karl_99. His answer of black cherry is the correct answer. Sorry for picking such a hard one, it took him all of 3 minutes to get the right answer.:smile-big:

Top Bottom