Day 2 of wood Identification contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

sumterdad

OK here is the next species . Let's see how long it takes
One is the end grain and one is the flat grain.

Attachments

• sourflat.jpg
    sourflat.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 268
  • sourwood-endgrain-zoom-gw-200x200.jpg
    sourwood-endgrain-zoom-gw-200x200.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 303
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Since when are we tasting our blanks? ;-)

I hadn't heard of sourwood before this. Interesting. Looks pretty plain though for our purposes.

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Mesquite

I know I'm late, but with people guessing these things so fast, I'm not even going to have a chance at the most wrong guesses prize

sumterdad

Yea it was the first I heard of it and thought it would be a tough one then I go and leave the name of it on the pic oh well maybe we can get past the first few minutes tomorrow
Since when are we taste in out blanks? ;-)

I hadn't heard of sourwood before this. Interesting. Looks pretty plain though for our purposes.

robutacion

Chris - Hang in there. Things will go smoother every day. These contests look a whole lot different when you are running them rather than just participating. I think you are doing a great job.

Ed

And I couldn't agree more...!

We are dealing here, with pretty smart "dudes and dudas", even without any "givin away's", they don't long to work it out. There has been a few times where I totally "flatten" them but, I had to be very careful with what I shown or said. I may have an advantage though, I normally stick to my woods, and many are not known that well even in Australia, the other advantage may be the fact that, I have been doing these type of wood identification games, for many years, and learnt fast from mistakes made so, don't stress, its only a game and you will get the hang of it, soon...!

Good luck,
Cheers
George

robutacion

Hey Chris,
At least you haven't done what I did last year, I awarded the prize to the SECOND correct guess. OOPS.

Keep up the good work.

Bob.

Yeap, and those things only happen why...??? because we raise our hands up and put our efforts to do the best job we can but, we are all humans and these minor mistakes, are not that "tragic" in the context of things, a little annoying yes but, life goes on and things get always sorted in the end, huh...??:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

OKLAHOMAN

Yes he did and it was still the best run contest last year as yours will be this year:bananen_smilies104:.
Hey Chris,
At least you haven't done what I did last year, I awarded the prize to the SECOND correct guess. OOPS.

Keep up the good work.

Bob.

Top Bottom