Toni's Dragon Emperor

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

I'll keep looking. Could be my monitor as well. I've got a new laptop and I have to dial in the settings.

Try this. This is my gallery2 site that I maintain.

The dragon emperor by Toni Ransfield

Then do F11, that puts browser in full screen mode. click on the first image. that does largest view.

Then above the image on the right side is next image and last time. Click next image. Scroll thru there as some of them are in this thread. Then look at the same images posted here. It really helps to have 2+ monitors.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

LL Woodworks

I don't know, but you may need to get....
1. A better camera system
2. Better photo editing software
3. A better blank
:biggrin:

Are you kidding???????????

A better blank, I would like to see you make a better blank than that.

You Tell Him Toni :) This loss of detail thing is alo prevelent when trying to photograph a pen made with a M3 blank. In your hand they look amazing, but you simply can't photograph the depth and detail; at least not with the setups 90% of us use to photograph pens. One of the mysteries of life I guess.:confused:

jyreene

Will do thanks Ed. I'm off to some meetings so it will be some time before I get to do this but it is on my list of things to do today.

beck3906

Toni knows I admire her work... I've bought several of them and probably need to look at buying more. That's if she'll let me now. :biggrin:

Justturnin

3. A better blank

Note to self, never, ever, under any circumstance, ever ever ever ever ever ever joke about Toni's blanks :biggrin:

edstreet

You Tell Him Toni :) This loss of detail thing is alo prevelent when trying to photograph a pen made with a M3 blank. In your hand they look amazing, but you simply can't photograph the depth and detail; at least not with the setups 90% of us use to photograph pens. One of the mysteries of life I guess.:confused:

I did not know that M3's were like that as well. That is one blank I have yet to see, use, etc. I will put it on my list for my next order. I should be able to get some magic from that, I hope.

Toni

Toni knows I admire her work... I've bought several of them and probably need to look at buying more. That's if she'll let me now. :biggrin:

I DIDNT SEE THE SMILE FACE!!!! Of coarse I will sell to you

3. A better blank

Note to self, never, ever, under any circumstance, ever ever ever ever ever ever joke about Toni's blanks :biggrin:

Hey I have been told I live on the Dark side of turning, must have been my evil twin that typed that yesterday:biggrin: You can joke!!

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
So, Ed, is the server still altering the photos? Wasn't that the issue?

Honestly I do still see some things changing still but not as bad as before. I have been testing various images to see what it is and so far it appears not to be the upload but the displaying in the threads. If you open the attachment by itself the size is different and with out the colorshift. It might be on my account/browser and am going to try it with various monitors and see what they show.

The changes made has been a big improvement and for that I do appreciate it and thank you.

If you do a checksum on the file you upload and the file the server delivers, are they the same? As far as I can tell, the way I have it set for your tests, the server is not processing the image at all. It's uploaded and stored as-is. It should be identical. byte for byte.

edstreet

I would think that a heavy Image compression has to be applied to all uploaded files. Can you imagine the storage capacity required for everyone's images? HUGE!!!

Yes I can. This is one of the reasons why I pick what I feel is very good subject matters to post. I try not to post things average, mundane and the like. However, if something is of educational in value, descriptive of a process/technique/method/what not, things higher end, good quality and the like then I see that as a very good step forward and something worthy of the increase.

So, Ed, is the server still altering the photos? Wasn't that the issue?

Honestly I do still see some things changing still but not as bad as before. I have been testing various images to see what it is and so far it appears not to be the upload but the displaying in the threads. If you open the attachment by itself the size is different and with out the colorshift. It might be on my account/browser and am going to try it with various monitors and see what they show.

The changes made has been a big improvement and for that I do appreciate it and thank you.

If you do a checksum on the file you upload and the file the server delivers, are they the same? As far as I can tell, the way I have it set for your tests, the server is not processing the image at all. It's uploaded and stored as-is. It should be identical. byte for byte.

The files seem to be the same which means that it is possibly something like CSS. Also worthy of note is display on HH's is less drastic of a change in the previously posted versions, as from desktops.

Would it be worthwhile to do the resize to the 960x but leave image quality unchanged at 100?

Top Bottom