Photo by Oleg Volk!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

USAFVET98

I recently had the pleasure of meeting with the famous firearms photographer Oleg Volk. Oleg does the photo shoots for many major manufacturer ad campaigns, and magazine articles to name a couple.

Anyway, we were in Tennessee where he was doing the shoot for my fathers new line of shotgun we will have on the shelves within a few weeks.

He took a ton of photos for the shotgun ads and told me he would be happy to take professional photos of my pens for free. I just have to sent them out to him, he will shoot them then send them back with a hard drive filled with great pictures.

In between setting up another shotgun configuration he decided to take a quick few pictures of a snakewood pen I had with me. He is the quick photo he took..

handmade_pen_1175web.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Very nice photo Brian. Being I'm trying to improve my own photography, I'm curios of the type and arrangment of his lighting. It's evenly lit, yet retains very soft shadows. And even the light reflecting off the pen is fairly well distributed without hints of any single light source. It looks like two disting light sources, one overhead providing overal lighting and one slightly stronger one from in front and above.

Top Bottom