New to Penturning

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

clraney74

Here are a few pens I've turned in the past 2 months. I turned my first pen at the Pen-turn-athon in Dallas about 2 months ago. I'm still learning, as you can tell from the quality of the pens. I'm still working on shapes and getting that fit better, but all-in-all I'm happy with the results. I've struggled getting the CA to shine like other's I've seen, but I seem to be getting better.

Additionally, where I work at Perot Systems, I'll be featured in a newsletter where I provided them information on the Pen-turn-athon. Hence, the need for the pictures of all the pens. I'd be interested in hearing your comments about some things I could do to make my pens better.

Thanks

Chuck

Attachments

• IMG_0057.jpg
    IMG_0057.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 298
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rollerbob

Chuck, from what I see, looks like a great start. Answer to your question....practice, practice! Keeping in touch with this sight will elavate your game in short order! Welcome aboard!

glycerine

Here are a few pens I've turned in the past 2 months. I turned my first pen at the Pen-turn-athon in Dallas about 2 months ago. I'm still learning, as you can tell from the quality of the pens. I'm still working on shapes and getting that fit better, but all-in-all I'm happy with the results. I've struggled getting the CA to shine like other's I've seen, but I seem to be getting better.

Additionally, where I work at Perot Systems, I'll be featured in a newsletter where I provided them information on the Pen-turn-athon. Hence, the need for the pictures of all the pens. I'd be interested in hearing your comments about some things I could do to make my pens better.

Thanks

Chuck

For a shinier CA finish, get some micro mesh sanding pads and get some liquid plastic polish. It works like a rubbing compound and will make your CA finish shine like glass.

Hey Chuck,
Welcome to the group... nice assortment of pens. Looks like you have a good start.
And as was said, keep in touch here.. this is a great group of guys & gals... always willing to answer questions, teach or pass along a new technique.

Like the name of your town... same as my D.I.L... and she's a real sweetheart.

Top Bottom