My Pictures

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Irish Pat

Could anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong with my pictures.I only have a FUJIFILM FINEPIX J27,it has 10.2 megapixels,3 x optical zoom,2.7" LCD camera.I take my pictures in a white tent with one lamp with a 100w bulb.How can I get the shadow out?Back ground light?

Pat.

Attachments

• DSCF2893.jpg
    DSCF2893.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 223
  • DSCF2824.jpg
    DSCF2824.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 210

Boz

The first thing is you are only using one light. I like using at least two and sometimes three with the third just to illuminate the background. Most cameras will calculate the exposure to a neutral grey. Since you are using a white background to get a nice crisp white you may have to switch to manual mode or change the EV level so you slightly overexpose to get a correct exposure.

76winger

The first thing is you are only using one light. I like using at least two and sometimes three with the third just to illuminate the background. Most cameras will calculate the exposure to a neutral grey. Since you are using a white background to get a nice crisp white you may have to switch to manual mode or change the EV level so you slightly overexpose to get a correct exposure.

These are the things I'd try first. White backgrounds also cause difficulties in getting a good color reproduction of your pen until you've played around and got the exposure and white balance set. I choose an easier path by using a gray background for most of my pen photos, which lets me concentrate more on composition, focus and reproducing what I see. Mine aren't as artful as many, but I'm happy that they represent the actual pen fairly well.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

crokett

A gray background is a good suggestion, I may try that.

As for the shadows, you need more lights. My "light tent" is a cardboard box with holes cut in the sides and white muslim stretched tight and glued to the outside. My cousin's husband is a professional photographer. This was his suggestion. :) I have 1 overhead light with a 100 watt bulb and a halogen light on the side.

For the white balance, your camera may have a setting. The one on my point n shoot puts too much blue in, so I adjust white balance in post-processing with GIMP. My pictures got MUCH better after I started using close-up mode and a tripod.

Top Bottom