Macro on Canon Powershot S1SI

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

opus

Does anybody know if this camera has a macro setting?
I read all of the manual and never saw anything on it, only mentions that you can purchase an optional "close up lense".
Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

opus

Larry, I see where it says that in DPReview.
On my Sony it had the tulip, I've been all over this camera, no mention of it in the manual and no tulip icon that I can find. Is it called anything different?
Thanks again

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
There is no "macro mode" as such on the camera. However, you may be able to approximate it. Close focus is possible down to 3.9 inches at the wide-angle setting and 3.1 feet at the maximum telephoto setting, which fills the frame with subjects as small as 3 x 4 inches.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
You'll need to steady the camera as even the slightest vibration will really mess this up. FYI, I called a friend on this. He's the photographer, not me (as evidenced by my own pics).

Gary

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />You'll need to steady the camera as even the slightest vibration will really mess this up. FYI, I called a friend on this. He's the photographer, not me (as evidenced by my own pics).

And once you figure that out, you can start working on the lighting. That's the fun part!

Maax

Look down on this page under macro... it might help it explains how to use the zoom for macro..:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canons1is/page5.asp

opus

Thanks guys,
I looked under short courses, they don't have that camera yet, too bad, I like the way they explain things there.
I guess today will be "experiment day" with the new camera [:)]
Thanks again for all the great help everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom