Lighting tip from R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daniel

This tip was originally shared by RT. and was added to this forum by Daniel.

I discovered a pretty neat light source for taking pictures. I used one of those round desk lights that have the magnifying glass in it. It's kind of like using one of those ring lights that cost several hundred dollars, think I paid around 39 bucks for the one I have. I might remove the glass so I can actually put the camera lens through it. Just thought I'd share this with you.

R.T.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
A freind of mine just sent me this link to an interesting little device.
Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but just wondering if a dollar salad bowl from WallyWorld might not do just about the same thing..?

http://www.clouddome.com/html/whatis.html

JohnPayton

btboone

I got one of these things. http://www.gemvision.com/html/products/imagedome/imagedome_features.html
It is great. Yup a salad bowl could probably work OK. Someone on one of the jewelry forums used a styrofoam ice bucket with lighting underneath and a hole in the side. He got good results with that.

jkirkb94

I like the idea of the circular light, Daniel. I think that it should work. You might try taking out the magnifier. Would caution that the pix might come out green since the light is fluouresent. You might have to manipulate the pix in photo software. Kirk

Gary

I agree with Wayne. I just bought the book, and it is excellent! I suggest that if you buy it, you also get the CD version which is in color. The book is only available in black & white.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom