Lighting and color?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

So two photos of thew same pen, with flash the hardware looks great but the blank is far redder than natural light. Natural light photo the hardware disappears. I tried bouncing a fill flash but had the same false color issue, though not as strongly. I am beginning to think bouncing a full spectrum light, no flash and a tripod are the way to go......thoughts?

Attachments

• Resize Wizard-2.jpg
    Resize Wizard-2.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 174
  • Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    Resize Wizard-1.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 178
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimMc7

Do you have a gray scale (or pure white) card to set white balance? I get more accurate color in a homemade photo "tent" when I set the white balance with a card. To be honest, I get the most accurate color with a dark gray t-shirt as background, under an overhead flourescent light in the garage with my old Canon G3 on "Auto" :confused:. Doesn't look professional but the colors are generally accurate.

Agree re the no flash & tripod (plus I use the timer to make sure no camera shake).

Sylvanite

How's this?
NotTooRed.jpg

It looks like the flash color temperature (and/or spectrum) is different than your natural light. It would be better to resolve that problem than fix in post-processing, as some of the highlights are blown out with the flash.

Regards,
Eric

Rick P

Definatly closer Eric.....

Jim, thats how I have done all my pics since my artschool days. This was taken on the back of a chair with my mid layer fleece as a back drop.

Top Bottom