Light Box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jondavidj

Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get a light box so I can start photographing my pens?

Thanks in advance.

Jon David Jones

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Moose22

Amazon has them for less than $20 for the small ones, and a large selection from a simple tent to really complex.

JohnGreco

I just bought a 16 inch folding one off ebay for $24 shipped. That had the front cover I needed for my work. Amazon has them as cheap as $13.00 for a 12 inch one.

Ooohhh....that's what I should look into! Mine is open on the front so I've been draping a large piece of black cloth over the opening and the camera. I feel like my flash should be a tray of black powder :tongue:

Dick Mahany

Economy

Here's a quick and easy DIY light box. Materials including lights cost ~$25 from the local hardware store. The legs nest and fold flat since they're not glued to the top rails. For a diffuser, I use about a yard of white cotton T-shirt material from Hobby Lobby (not shown). I use a standard sheet of matboard for the background and it seems to meet all of my needs.

Attachments

• Lightbox.jpg
    Lightbox.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 273

MarkD

Another option is to get an inexpensive white pull down window shade and mount it on the wall behind a table or shelf. When you want to do photography just pull the shall down over the table. When not in use retract it.

TonyL

Light Box Frame

I am also done building mine. I used 18 inch threaded 1/2 inch sprinkler pvc and 3/4 by 1/2 fittings. I need more pipe and fittings, so I am going to HD now. I will take a picture when I am done. If anyone wants a parts list, let me know.

Now, I need t buy a decent camera. My digital broke and I am using iPhones and Androids. Maybe they will be good enough when using a light box.

Here's what I have so far.

Attachments

• Partial Light Box.jpg
    Partial Light Box.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 208

penmaker56

B&H is "Mecca" for photographers, and you can find anything for photography there. Or you can make one yourself. Go to a fabric store, get a couple of yards of white nylon (not the ripstop nylon), make a frame, I've used 1/2 pvc pipe and fittings from the hardware store. drape the white nylon over the frame that you've made, and wa-la, light box. While your at the Home depot, pick up some daylight CFLs for a light source, cheaper there than a photography store. And if your really in a pinch, white bedding sheets (I've used that for reflectors)...your wife might not like it though.

JBPhoto

man... i take for granted that i'm a professional photographer in my day job :) i just simply use my full studio to photograph my pens :)

Top Bottom