Latest effort

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker73

Here is my latest turn. I took the photo with a lightbox and a white background, yet the background comes out colored How do I resolve this?

Attachments

• MAJJR 1201.jpg
    MAJJR 1201.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 217
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

penmaker73

I build the box with white tissue paper and have tried several different lighting arrangements. Could it be the camera?

Drstrangefart

I'm not a camera guy, probably not the best source of information there. However, if the light source generates any yellow light, it will definitely reflect off the white surface and tint everything. If you use regular shop lights, have you replaced the old incandescent bulbs with flourescents? I bet that'll make a difference.

I am no expert but you need to use custom setting on your camera and probably shutter speed, so you can get more light with a slightly longer exposure. you should also download a free photo editing program. I use Picasa my wife uses erfanview or something like that.

philb

Manual adjust the white-balance in Photoshop or similar, pretty hard to take a photo and get a pure white background.
There's a great guide somewhere in the Photography forum!

azamiryou

Although you can do some correction in software post-processing, for the best results you want to start with the best data - in other words, get the camera to take the best possible picture.

I see two issues with the photo in the original post: color balance and exposure. If these are set to "auto", your camera will almost always do the wrong thing. This is because it will make adjustments to try to get the photo to be neutral gray on average. For example, with a white background, most of the picture looks "too bright" to the camera, so it reduces the exposure to darken it.

So what you need to do is manually set the color balance and exposure, rather than allowing the camera to do it automatically.

Check out the library article Andrew posted, and also this thread about white balance: http://www.penturners.org/forum/f24/its-not-easy-being-green-blue-95957/

Top Bottom