Harbor Freight photo tent

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

emackrell

I have one that's almost identical but smaller (doubtless made just down the street in the same Chinese town) and it works fine. I really like the fact that it folds flat when you need to get it out of your way -- my studio isn't big enough to leave a photo tent set up full time.

cheers Eileen [8D]

allenworsham

I had to drop something off to my wife at a teacher's conference at the university and there is a HF around the corner, so I stopped in to wander. I came across a few odds & ends that I picked up and then saw the photo tent on the back shelf and remembered this forum topic. I opened it up and it was pretty cool, so I picked it up for $21.99. My photo tent I made from PVC and drape a sheet over it, but it is a pain to store and I made it a bit too big. But this is just the right size for pens and other small projects and folds up and stuffs into a bag to keep it clean in my dusty garage. I look forward to using it when I finish up my current project.

herbk

Photo Tent

Hi, I was just wandering around here and saw your message. Thanks for the info, there is a Harbor Frieght close by, I'll check it out.

bananajeep

Just picked up the smaller version. This will be much easier to store and is the perfect size for the smaller items. I'll keep my PVC version for larger items.

Thanks for the heads up.

Mike

Splinter

Backdrop

I just picked up the HF Photo Tent item 98220
( http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=98220 ). The wrapper around the carrying bag states it comes with Hook-and-loop fasteners on the back of the tne to hang backdrops and one backdrop.

Question for anyone that purchased one of these.....did yours come with the hook-and-loop fasteners and a backdrop?

Last edited:

bananajeep

I just openned mine up The 23" version and no Hook and Loops here. It's a good idea and I may add my own. I'd hang a bar across the top to clip backdrops (paper or cloth) from. Oh yeah no backdrop either!!

Oh well you get want you pay for.

Mike

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I ordered the 32" version:mad:not realizing how large that is. I wish I had got the smaller one.

Has anybody attempted to put the big one back in the bag? I have no idea how to do it.:confused:There are no instructions included. Any help would be most appreciated!

Last edited:

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
Fold opposite sided down and flat (usually there is one "key" side you have to find by trial and error). Then fold the other sides down and flat on top of them. Now, grab opposite sides of all four loops and twist in opposite directions (like folding a bandsaw blade) and it will fold the big rectangle into a smaller circle.

GK

Mack C.

Passed Away Sep 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Fold opposite sided down and flat (usually there is one "key" side you have to find by trial and error). Then fold the other sides down and flat on top of them. Now, grab opposite sides of all four loops and twist in opposite directions (like folding a bandsaw blade) and it will fold the big rectangle into a smaller circle.

GK
Hi Greg; Thanks, I do know how to fold a bandsaw blade, and my wife and I got it to fold up sortof, but it's still a long way from going in the bag.

I think my granddaughter is going to get it for a sleeping tent!:at-wits-end:

Mikey

Looks like the smaller one isn't available anymore.

Chuck, how do you like the one you bought? How do the lights work and have you had any problems? I also see that guy has a smaller one that is about 16" square. That would be the perfect size for the stuff like what we all make.

Mikey

OK, next question. My local place shows one of the smaller ones in stock and a place further shows two. Where do they keep these things? I looked around yesterday and couldn't find any light tents.

Looks like the smaller one isn't available anymore.

Chuck, how do you like the one you bought? How do the lights work and have you had any problems? I also see that guy has a smaller one that is about 16" square. That would be the perfect size for the stuff like what we all make.

Mike,
I like it okay.. the lights work pretty well, but I think they are a little too hot. I don't use the camera dohicky that came with it... I prefer a regular tripod. Also have taken to moving mine out onto the back porch/deck (a screened porch on the north side of the house) and taking most of my pictures with the natural light... and no lights. I'm getting better pictures that require a lot less photo shopping to get the color right. Still have to resize them to post or to use them on my web-site.

Top Bottom