First use of light box.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

CV Wood

This is the first picture of a pen I have taken with my new light box. it came to day. I have some work to do. Still to much glare.
light box 006.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

atsowers

Personally, I dont think you're too far off... In fact, you might actually want to let in a bit of light so as to provide some highlights. I guess it all depends on what your end goal is. We made a tent and got rid of all the shadows and highlights, and it made everything look too flat and drab...

Andy

SDB777

Pretty good....

I'd increase the f-stop a little to get the nib in the focused area.(f/11 usually does pretty good for me, but I have been guilty of going to f/16)

Personally, I like a little bit of 'shine', shows the gloss of the finish!

Scott (big thumbs up) B

CV Wood

I am very new at this. I am using a digital camera. It is a Nikon Coolpix L110, it new too. I have a lot to learn about settings and using the camera. I am also wood carver and have wanted to take better pictures that work too. Any feed back is more than welcome.

G1Pens

I thnk you are pretty close. I agree on increasing your fstop to at least 11. I would also change the background, but the exposure and lighting look pretty good.

76winger

I agree on the aperture setting, I'm pushing f20 to get a depth of field I like with my big pens. Haven't tried smaller pens yet.

It also looks a little warm to me, so you may want to investigate the white balance settings to adjust for what I'm guessing are incandescent lights. I have to do similar (although in a different direction) to adjust for flourescent lights in my tent.

You're definitely working in the right direction though. It just takes a little time to tune in new equipment to the results you want. Keep playing and adjusting till you get what you like!

Top Bottom