Fiddling About in Photoshop

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Sylvanite

I had a couple of things I wanted to try out. One was a piece of mirrored acrylic sheet I recently bought. Another was a program I installed to do focus stacking. I also had an idea centered around the phrase "primary colors".

So, I took this picture:

attachment.php

I hope it proves interesting,
Eric

Attachments

• PrimaryColors.jpg
    PrimaryColors.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 477

76winger

I'll have to get amok at this when I get back to the computer, but form what I see on my iPhone its interesting to see a different color reflection, and see a ghost image above AND below the reflection.

Sylvanite

I can see four ghost reflections in the original image. There is one above the principle reflection and three below it. I don't like more than one reflection in my photos, so I'll probably switch back to black acrylic and shelve the mirrored sheet. I was also disappointed at how much chromatic aberration (another CA) showed up. There is 5 pixels worth of purple fringing in the chrome highlights. I expected better from this lens (an 85mm prime at f/8). I was at the edge of its focus range, though. Perhaps it would do better if I backed off some. I plan to try again with a short extension tube.

I forgot to rotate the image before cropping (it's tilted about 2 degrees), and I didn't remove the CA. The color fringing is less pronounced (but still visible) in the resized photo. I could have edited out the extra reflections, but it would have taken a lot more time. This was mainly an exercise in focus stacking (10 images) and changing colors - which was still interesting.

Regards,
Eric

P.S. The pen itself is actually red, white, and green (not blue). I re-shot my Peppermint Stick pen.

Top Bottom