Cool and helpful pen related photography videos

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

farmer

I ran across this video and I was impressed with the technic and final picture.
I think this could be a winning low budget pen photography technic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uT6tmYqFcQ

Metal doesn't reflect polarized light, if metal is painted it does.
If a wooden pen was used in this technic because of the DIRECT LED light
you will not have to worry about polarized reflection because direct LED lighting doesn't emit polarized light.
If the Direct LED lighting would be soften then it becomes polarized light.

Remember it take allot of light to see the color in the dark red wood
like Cocobolo or African mahogany and most rose woods .

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MikeL

Pretty neat technique. My first try with "light painting". I know the props detract from the pen but I was just messing around with the method. Thanks for posting the video. It opened an entirely new world. By the way, the app referred to in the video is not compatible with iOS 8+ on the iPad.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    213 KB · Views: 264

farmer

Pens

Pretty neat technique. My first try with "light painting". I know the props detract from the pen but I was just messing around with the method. Thanks for posting the video. It opened an entirely new world. By the way, the app referred to in the video is not compatible with iOS 8+ on the iPad.

Very nice , big plus one on creative product photography.

farmer

SDB777

I must disagree....I think the 'props' work very well in the composition. This would not work without the light painting.

iPads are mean, my wife often comes home to view things people have sent her during the day on this computer.

Scott (squirrels are cute) B

Top Bottom