Camera

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Is there a good point and shoot camera for getting decent pen photo's under varying light. I do have a photo tent with lights I can use if necessary

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Whaler

I shoot all of my pens with a Nikon DSLR but we have two Canon point and shoots here in the house. I took a couple sample pictures with both.

Canon ELPH 110HS $250.00 at Amazon
Taken in my light box camera on set on auto and used auto enhance in Photoshop
ELPH.jpg

Light box lights turned off and only ceiling light and window light.
ELPH-2.jpg

Canon SX200IS $350.00at Amazon
Using the light box and same settings as with the ELPH
SX200.jpg

Taken with the light box lights turned off.
SX200-2.jpg

These were all hand held shots. Using the ceiling and window for lighting took a little more tweaking in Photoshop but simple stuff.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

toddlajoie

Dick those are great examples of how an inexpensive camera can still take fantastic photos!!! They also show the difference in detail/contrast that can be had by changing the light source...

By the way, for my taste, keep the lights on!!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I have a Canon Powershot S100 Digital ELPH with a 16 meg flash disk...Haven't used it for a couple of years but it did power on and tell me the battery was low.

Whaler

I have a Canon Powershot S100 Digital ELPH with a 16 meg flash disk...Haven't used it for a couple of years but it did power on and tell me the battery was low.

Charge it up and give it a try. If you don't want to use a light box set up at a window where you get good light, no flash.

Top Bottom