100w CFL Sale

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jcollazo

I just came back from Walgreens with a 4 bulb box of 100w daylight (5800k) CFLs for...... $9.99! Regular price is $26.98. The sale goes on through 4/5.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

A 100w CFL?????????????[:0] That would be about 400w in an incandescent bulb. Do you mean "100w equivalent?" That would be, IIRC, a 26w bulb. Maybe the Walgreens ad writer doesn't know the difference.

jcollazo

Yes, I should have clarified that it is a "100w equivalent".[V] These actually use 23w of juice. I just tried them on the light tent and the resulting pictures didn't need color correction. I'll be picking up another box before the sale ends.

killer-beez

I have been having problems with a light blue color using these lights. I have a light tent with the bulbs mentioned above. I can turn the heck out of a piece of wood but I can’t take a stinking picture. Frustrated!!!

gerryr

Originally posted by killer-beez

I have been having problems with a light blue color using these lights. I have a light tent with the bulbs mentioned above. I can turn the heck out of a piece of wood but I can’t take a stinking picture. Frustrated!!!

How do you have the white balance on your camera set?

jcollazo

Originally posted by Blind_Squirrel

I just came back from Walgreens with a 4 bulb box of 100w daylight (5800k) CFLs...

I can see it now... Joe screws in the light and turns it on....

Joe: OH MY GOD!!!! MY EYES!!! I CAN'T SEE!!!!!! :D

I'm glad I was laying down when I read this or I would have hurt myself in the fall.:D

Top Bottom