10 days left

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
to submit your entry in the Antler Horn and Bone Pen contest.

Get those creative juices flowing and let's see what you can create.

So, who's planning on submitting an entry????

penmaker1967

i am going to try to get to the shop this weekend still have to get my superbowl blanks togeather and do a pen for this hope i can get it done by the deadline

Pitoon

I just ordered some new kits. I hope that they get to me in time.....with all this snow i'm not so sure, but i'm crossing my fingers!

Pitoon

Ambidex

As of this morning, we gave 5 entries. Still a few days left to get your entry in.

Working on another...had the last one done yesterday and was assembling..did anyone hear the buffalo horn crack? Or did anyone hear the aw shucks afterward??:mad::mad::wink:..next one will NOT be horn:frown:

Ed McDonnell

I thought you would have a lot more entries to this contest by now. I was under the impression that there are lot of horny pen turners in the IAP.:wink:

I had planned to enter using a pen made from some Skunk Ape horn. It's proving harder to acquire than I had first expected. It's been so warm down here this winter that the Skunk Apes aren't migrating closer to the urban areas and are remaining well out in the Glades.

I might have to switch to bone. I had ribs for dinner the other night, so I have a good supply of bone available (assuming I act before the trash gets picked up).

I better get to work.

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I hope you clean the barbecue sauce off before you take the picture.

Thats both you and the pen:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I once tried to turn a horn. Unfortunatly the steer it was attached to didnt want to cooperate and let me know it.

Ed McDonnell

I just found a blank in my stash that is labelled "Horn". Is there a test I can do that will tell me if it is real horn? Stick a red hot nail in it or something?

Ed

Who, never understanding how painting your nails hot red would help in anyway determining if horn was real, is nevertheless willing to try anything.....

Dan Masshardt

I just found a blank in my stash that is labelled "Horn". Is there a test I can do that will tell me if it is real horn? Stick a red hot nail in it or something? Ed Who, never understanding how painting your nails hot red would help in anyway determining if horn was real, is nevertheless willing to try anything.....

You stick to harassing the slimline thread! Don't get distracted by making pens. ;-)

Ed McDonnell

You stick to harassing the slimline thread! Don't get distracted by making pens. ;-)

That's the

4th Annual Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slimline Contest Generously Sponsored by: Brooks Blanks

we are talking about, for those wondering what the heck Dan is talking about (couldn't resist shameless plug opportunity).

Here's a thought. How about everybody who entered a pen in the 4ARFMMSC (you know that really long name contest in red above) now taking all the skills you refreshed / mastered and entering in this contest.

But only if that's OK with Monty. And only if you follow his rules.

Ed

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
BAD- BAD- Chairperson!:eek: Back to your own thread you Hijacking pen thread monster you.:eek: Trying to drum up business in another contests thread.. Why you would never catch me trying to shamelessly steer:)rolleyes:) a member from this contest to the Advanced Beautiful Pen contest sponsered by Exotic Blanks . Why that would be unethical! SHame, I say shame on you............................:biggrin:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
I beg to differ I was definitely showing how I would never plug my contest in that manor.

How ever I may wander over to your contest as see whom I can steal

Ed McDonnell

8 entries is pretty respectable. But I'll bet you get more before the deadline.

Sadly, you won't be getting an entry from me. It is too cold to have the shop (aka garage) door open. That horn stuff stinks when you work it!!! My wife threatened to invite her sister (the one I really dislike) to visit for a couple of weeks if I kept stinking up the house.

I'm not taking any chances with that threat hanging over my head. The semi worked horn went back into my blank stash to wait for another day.

Ed

Mike Powell

I only had the picture I took of my pen on my phone, that I took when I made it so I could send it to Dad. Its not the best, but I wanted to play. Win lose or draw, I was part of it this year.

Ambidex

We now have 8 entries. Let's keep 'em coming.

My entry will be coming tomorrow..unless you hear ( OH CRAP NOT AGAIN!!!):biggrin:..btw..anyone within driving distance able to take a picture that doesn't look like it was drawn by a kindergardner with crayollas and crepe paper???:redface:

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
We have 17 great entries.
Voting on the best Antler, Bone and Horn Pen is taking place in the Contest Votes forum until Feb 20.

Top Bottom