Casting Conest-Embeddd Object

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Embedded Object Casting Contest
P2170371.JPG
Last Year's Winner, Buzzzz4

This will cover anything and everything that is 1st cast in resin, then drilled, tubed, and turned. Be creative and unique!

The Embedded Object Casting Contest will begin Feb. 01, 2014 and will end Feb. 18, 2014 at 11:59pm Eastern Time. NO EXCEPTIONS!

How to Enter:

You must use the entry form provided when submitting your pen. Any pen posted to this thread or anyone revealing their work will be disqualified.

Who Determines the Winners?:

I will create a public poll for your peers to vote on. Voting will begin on Feb. 19 until Feb. 23 at 8 pm EST. The top 3 vote recipients will then be entered in the finalists poll which will begin Feb. 23 through Feb. 27 at 11pm EST. The winners will be revealed Feb. 28.

Rules for the Embedded Object Casting Contest:

1 - For your entry to qualify for this contest the blank must be constructed by first casting your object(s) in resin. Then it must be drilled, tubed and turned. Be creative and unique!

2 - Remember that this is a PEN turning forum. Each submission must be made into a pen! All submissions must be a component pen (kit). There are no restrictions on type or style as long as it is a component pen. We hope to see Rollerballs, Fountain pens, and other "Prestigious" component sets. We want to see your best casts shine! Component-less pens or kit modifications will not be eligible (including swapped out pimp stones, center bands or finial tops).​

3 - To enter the contest you must use the entry form given. Remember that you will be judged based on your photographs submitted. Limit of 2 photographs. Please keep your photos clean of objects that could distract from your pens beauty.​

4 - Any pen shown publicly (Not just on IAP) prior to Feb. 01, 2014 will be ineligible. Also any entry shown publicly during the bash on ANY public site will be disqualified. Do NOT post your pen in the thread!

5 - Pens made with the aid of lasers, decorative lathes or CNC machines will be ineligible. We want to see unique & creative pens made by YOU!

6 - The pen AND blank must be made ONLY by the person submitting the entry unless your kids want to help.

7 - To participate in this or any other IAP activity your public profile must contain your real first and last name as well as you place of residence (city & state or equivilant). Please be advised that information contained in the public profile is not viewable by non-members of the IAP. Members who have failed to sucessfully complete any previous IAP activities, and who have been notified by the Activities Manager of such, are not elegible to participate in any IAP activities.

Prizes

First:Silver Rollerball kit from Silver Pen Parts valued at $185
Second: Cap, Apron, Smock from TimberBits valued at $115
Third: Thompson, Mark St. Leger 5/8 Spindle Roughing Gouge from mbroberg valued at $70

If there are any questions or concerns about your entry please contact me via PM.​

Last edited by a moderator:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

As long as you are promoting casting! I don't think I would ever stoop low enough to try to pull participants from other contests like I have been seeing from you hooligans. :eek::rolleyes:

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
We arent trying to hijack your participants just persuade them to stop by our contests.:biggrin:

Brooks803

So far I've got 4 possible entries for this one. I have one more to try out tomorrow and then I'll have to pick from there. I had a lot of fun with this one!

Top Bottom