Color Casting Contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Here are the fantastic entries into the Colors Casting Contest. Take some time to evaluate the entries for separation of colors in casting, asthetics, as well as fit and finish.

The poll will close Feb. 23 at 8 pm EST. The top 3 vote recipients will then be entered in the finalists poll which will begin Feb. 23 through Feb. 27 at 11pm EST. The winners will be revealed Feb. 28.

The poll can be found in the Contest Votes area

The prizes are as follows:
First: Sterling silver Roller ball kit from Silver Pen Parts valued at $185
Second: Turning tool from Easy Wood Tools valued at $90
Third: $50 gift certificate from WoodnWhimsies and a16oz casting kit from Alumilite valued at $20.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Buzzzz4

Entry 1

4 color pour with Alumilite, Pearlex powders and alumilite dye. Finish was used using 0000 steel wool and beeswax. Gold plated and chrome Nouvue Scepter rollerball kit.

Entry 1.jpg

Entry 1b.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 2

This is the very first cast that I have ever done. I wanted to do this from the
very start, but this contest pushed me to buy the stuff to go ahead and jump in!
This is a 4 color Alumilite blank cast under pressure. It looks like a galaxy, so I will call it galaxy. Thank
you for the opportunity to participate.

Entry 2a.JPG

Entry 2b.JPG

Buzzzz4

Entry 4

This was a 5 color pour. I was going for a view of earth from space. I used a long clicker to show as much of the blank as possibleI'm thinking of calling it Terra, or 3rd rock.

Entry 4a.jpg

Entry 4b.jpg

Buzzzz4

Entry 7

Four color pour using Alumilite bought during this years Bash. Used Dark blue, light blue, white and silver paint with a little pearlex for good measure, and reverse painted the blank silver. I call it "The perfect Storm".

Entry 7a.jpg

Entry 7b.jpg

Top Bottom