Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I would prefer to be shoveling snow right now

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • I would prefer to get hit by a truck today

Votes: 5 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ed McDonnell

This poll is intended to test the hypothesis that voters tend to choose the first choices in a poll over the last choices. Since pens will be listed in the voting poll in the order of submission, there may be a benefit to getting your entry in early.

This is also a way for me to test and see if I can actually set up a poll. Here goes (wish me luck).

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

I voted. I nearly selected the 2nd , just out of spite, the I also considered selecting the 3rd or 4th, as I was debating the fact that winning that much money would include giving 1/2 of it away to taxes, and I did not want to be an enabler of the poor fiscal management of our government bodies...

After that I decided that if I had $300M, I wouldn't care how the govt mishandles their half...

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
I am here just taking a break from clearing most of the 7" of snow that fell last night. Will be heading back out in a minute to finish. To think that just 4 short days ago I was enjoying the 80+ degree weather in Ft. Myers! Now, I think I'd rather be hit by a truck! :curse::biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

We've got 19 votes in so far. If each of you submit a pen we'll have a nice competition. But I think we can do better. I'll have to work on that.....

Ed

alphageek

Former Moderator
No fair! Your research is skewed! You should've put the best one at the bottom so your theory would be disproved. :biggrin:

Thats funny... Personally I thought the research was skewed by posting the goal of the research in the test. It would have been REALLY funny had the order been reversed...

Ed McDonnell

No fair! Your research is skewed! You should've put the best one at the bottom so your theory would be disproved. :biggrin:

Thats funny... Personally I thought the research was skewed by posting the goal of the research in the test. It would have been REALLY funny had the order been reversed...

I consulted with a number of the top partisan political pollsters during the development of my poll. This is the way they told me they do it. The only thing I didn't do was limit the sample population to a subset that I knew would answer the way I wanted. But I think I covered my bases with the way I structured the choices. :biggrin:

Ed

Rick_G

I voted. I nearly selected the 2nd , just out of spite, the I also considered selecting the 3rd or 4th, as I was debating the fact that winning that much money would include giving 1/2 of it away to taxes, and I did not want to be an enabler of the poor fiscal management of our government bodies...

After that I decided that if I had $300M, I wouldn't care how the govt mishandles their half...

Move to Canada you get to keep it all.

mmyshrall

Thanks, Ed for allowing me to have an outlet for my oppositional defiant disorder today. As such, I oppose and defy your postion that people will gravitate to the first choice as evidenced by my selection of #3.

Now that I have had my fun, it's time to get back to work... :frown:

Ed McDonnell

Thanks, Ed for allowing me to have an outlet for my oppositional defiant disorder today. As such, I oppose and defy your postion that people will gravitate to the first choice as evidenced by my selection of #3.

#3??? Really????? I haven't always lived in sunny warm South Florida. I was exiled to the artic north for a number of years. I've shoveled Snow. I know what that's like. Nobody chooses to shovel snow. They only do it because is forcing them to do it.

But I guess that's the case here. My choice of choices forced you to pick #3 or #4. An who in their right mind would pick #4?:)

Ed

mmyshrall

#3??? Really????? I haven't always lived in sunny warm South Florida. I was exiled to the artic north for a number of years. I've shoveled Snow. I know what that's like. Nobody chooses to shovel snow. They only do it because is forcing them to do it.

But I guess that's the case here. My choice of choices forced you to pick #3 or #4. An who in their right mind would pick #4?:)

Ed

Actually, I was torn between #3 and #4, so I let the magic 8 ball do its work... :biggrin:

Michael

Ed McDonnell

Ed

Actually, I was torn between #3 and #4, so I let the magic 8 ball do its work... :biggrin:

Michael

I haven't seen one of those magic 8 balls in a long time. I bet they have an app for that and kids today don't realize it really was a ball in ancient times.......

Ed

Brian G

Well, I was out shoveling snow, stopped to pick up what looked like a winning lottery ticket, and got run over by a truck. :mad:

Gonna sue him for $600 million.

edstreet

Poll is inconclusive as there is nothing to relate to the choices as for which is the greater evil. I could come up with a good hefty number of things will people will volunteer willingly to get hit with a truck than to do certain things. So really not sure what you are asking about in the poll.

Brian G

Ed, (no, not you, Ed, the other Ed), that song isn't perfect because there's no dog guarding the gun rack.

Ed, (yes, you, Ed, not the other Ed), I think it might have made more sense if the other Ed had put "Swabbing your eyes with burlap" as a fifth choice.

On the other hand, perhaps we've all had a a bit too much of a fifth. :beer:

Top Bottom