Poll Results Here!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

As I type, there is still a hour left on the poll, but given the results (and the fact that I'm not going to be available in an hour) I'm revealing the results now.

Here's my in depth poll analysis:

1) More than 56% of the members picked the first choice in the poll. More than 17% picked the second choice. 17.5% picked the third choice. Fewer than 9% picked the fourth choice. This conlusively demonstrates (consistent with all the other extensive (and expensive) research I consulted) that people are more likely to pick the first choices in a poll.

Why is this important? It is important because I am going to list the pens in the voting poll in the order in which I receive them. So (if my poll is valid and my analysis is correct:wink:) you would be very very wise to get your pen completed and submitted as soon as possible.

2) I'm also pleased to report that my analysis of poll results and all posts to the Russ Fairfield Memorial Modified Slimline Contest sponsored by Brooks Blanks has revealed that 99.9% of the members of IAP have a great sense of humor, great attitudes and they enjoy the camaraderie here in the IAP forums. Thanks for all the fun.

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Also the poll questions was heavily biased to slant the results in one specific direction.

Wow!!! I wonder if anybody else noticed that? If only you had pointed it out to me before I posted the poll........it's too late now. But I think the results are still valid.

I'm sure it accomplished my intended objectives with 99% of the members. The other 1% are clearly beyond my reach. :rolleyes:

Ed

Ed McDonnell

I demand a recount. The questions were phrased to trick me into picking the opposite of what I wanted. :crying:

Ok Carl. I counted again and I confirmed that there were four choices in the poll. Whew. You scared me there for a moment and got me thinking I had missed a choice.

Some would say the whole purpose of polling is to deceive and manipulate. Mission accomplished!!!:biggrin:

Ed

edstreet

how many voted on this 'poll'?

OH I see, 57.

Out of the 3,777 members on IAP who are active (by that I mean members whom have logged in since November 2013, 90 days, that's 0.015% of the populace.

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

I demand a recount. The questions were phrased to trick me into picking the opposite of what I wanted. :crying:

Ok Carl. I counted again and I confirmed that there were four choices in the poll. Whew. You scared me there for a moment and got me thinking I had missed a choice.

Some would say the whole purpose of polling is to deceive and manipulate. Mission accomplished!!!:biggrin:

Ed

But the one I wanted wasn't there. You should have polled for what the poll quesitons should have been and that may have provided a fair poll for the polling masses.

Ed McDonnell

Ed

But the one I wanted wasn't there. You should have polled for what the poll quesitons should have been and that may have provided a fair poll for the polling masses.

Are you sure it wasn't there? Oh well. Anyway, I like your idea and it may come in handy in a couple days when I'm struggling with coming up new ways to continue to hype this contest in an amusing way.

Ed

Top Bottom