I'm leaving the lights on.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

I haven't gotten any entries submitted today. Anybody out there working on their Russ Fairfield inspired entry? I'm starting to put together the pictures and first poll to narrow the field to the finalists.

I'll be leaving the lights on in case anybody finishes up later tonight and wants to submit an entry. Of course, there is always tomorrow.

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

Does it count if I glue a nib to a bomb?

That's a tough one because there are so many things to consider.

I suppose it depends on what the meaning of count is, whether the bomb is shaped like a Russ Fairfield inspired pen and whether the nib (and other parts) are from a slimline kit.

As far as "counting. Gluing a nib to a real bomb, living to tell about it and having it actually write as a pen would certainly count for something. But it wouldn't count as an entry to this contest UNLESS:

A) The bomb had been shaped to look like a Russ Fairfield inspired modifled slimline pen

AND

B) The nib (and other parts) are from a slimline kit.

Hope that helps :biggrin:.

And remember, no sneezing when working with bombs.

Ed

Mike Powell

HA, the parts would be from a slim line. Bombs are my daily job, not little ones, the big ones that fall from the sky. Bombs, missiles, small arms, anything that goes BOOOM, thats what I do....

southernclay

HA, the parts would be from a slim line. Bombs are my daily job, not little ones, the big ones that fall from the sky. Bombs, missiles, small arms, anything that goes BOOOM, thats what I do....

Ed I think you better not be the one to tell the man no :eek::biggrin:

I'll have mine in tonight

BSea

Not to split hairs, but don't people have till Monday night the 17th to finish? So that would be tomorrow, and Monday to finish. Not that it matters to me, I've already submitted my entry, and it looks nothing like a bomb, although it might bomb in the voting.:tongue:

Ed McDonnell

Not to split hairs, but don't people have till Monday night the 17th to finish? Not that it matters to me, I've already submitted my entry, and it looks nothing like a bomb, although it might bomb in the voting.:tongue:

Too bad you aren't splitting hairs. I don't have very many left and if they were to be split I would have twice as many. That would move me up from "virtually none" to "hardly any". A HUGE improvement. But I better move on before talking about huge things gets met talking about my waist line (or other body parts). :biggrin:

You are 100% correct that the entry deadline for this contest is Feb 17. The whole time zone / date line thing can get confusing so we simplified it by making the deadline 11:59 South Florida Time on 2/17/2014. Specifically, when the clock on my desk says 11:59pm on Monday it's all over.

Ed

Bob Wemm

Not to split hairs, but don't people have till Monday night the 17th to finish? So that would be tomorrow, and Monday to finish. Not that it matters to me, I've already submitted my entry, and it looks nothing like a bomb, although it might bomb in the voting.:tongue:

Got mine in today, Bob, I don't think there is any need for concern on your part. I reckon mine will have a NEGATIVE VOTE.:redface:
Is there a prize for the worst pen?????

Bob.

Ed McDonnell

Got mine in today, Bob, I don't think there is any need for concern on your part. I reckon mine will have a NEGATIVE VOTE.:redface:
Is there a prize for the worst pen?????

Bob.

Hi Bob - Don't worry. I'll set up the poll so that negative votes aren't allowed. :wink:

I'm feeling pretty confident that your pen will finish somewhere in the top 100. Nothing to be ashamed about with that kind of a finish. Think about that. There are droves of musicians out there that never manage to get a hit in the top 100.

I don't think we have to worry about associating the word "worst" with any pen in this competition. Now, some of those other contests might be a different story.....:biggrin:

Ed

Ed McDonnell

I just today got inspired to do one. I will start on it tomorrow when I get home. Do I get credit for being the last pic sent in?

Absolutely. If you are the last entry, I will make sure everybody knows and nobody ever forgets!!!! The glory will be all yours.

I was getting worried I wouldn't have anything to look forward to tomorrow. Now I have reason to get up in the morning. Although if you are just starting tomorrow, perhaps I should sleep late...

Anyone else want to give me a reason to get up early tomorrow? More entries coming? Don't try and steal the "last pen entered" slot from Phil. Get yours in early so we don't have any wailing and gnashing of teeth if the entry deadline is missed because of ..... well, whatever.

Ed

Ed McDonnell

Anyone else want to give me a reason to get up early tomorrow?
Ed

Somebody has to be first.

Correct Brian - "First" was locked up almost 2 weeks ago. You'll find out who when you see who is listed in the highly desirable pole position in the voting pole.

Wow. I can't believe this contest has already been underway for more than two weeks. Time is flying by.

Ed

Dan Masshardt

Correct Brian - "First" was locked up almost 2 weeks ago. You'll find out who when you see who is listed in the highly desirable pole position in the voting pole. Wow. I can't believe this contest has already been underway for more than two weeks. Time is flying by. Ed

Actually, you'll see which pen was first not who. Right?

Ed McDonnell

Correct Brian - "First" was locked up almost 2 weeks ago. You'll find out who when you see who is listed in the highly desirable pole position in the voting pole. Wow. I can't believe this contest has already been underway for more than two weeks. Time is flying by. Ed

Actually, you'll see which pen was first not who. Right?

Hmmmm.... That's right. I can't reveal the who until all the voting is done and the winners are announced. Entrants shouldn't reveal themselves until the voting is done either.

Ed

Top Bottom