Did I finish last?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

A few of the entrants seem to have an insatiable curiosity about where they finished in the competition (especially about who is last). I'm not going to reveal the poll results from the first poll for a couple of reasons:

1) I don't know how to make them visible at this point in time
2) I don't think publishing the results for people who don't want their results published is a good way to encourage future participation.

But here's what I will do. If you want to know how you finished up in the 32 pen poll and you are ok with that being publicly revealed then post a reply to this thread with the words "Let Me Have It" in the next 24 hours. I'll then publicly post a ranked list for those who respond.

If you want to know but don't want to have anything publicly revealed, then send me a PM and I'll give you an idea of where you ended up.

One or the other though. Not both ways. (Those who have already PM'd me are exempt from this provision and can respond to this thread if they want public bragging rights!)

Ed

Last edited:

plantman

I would consider anyone who took the time and effort to enter any one or more of the contests to be a winner. "It's not if you win or loose, it's how you play the game". Or was it "winning is everything" ? Old Vince Lombardy sayings when he was the head coach of the Green Bay Packers here in Title Town. Congrats to all entrys in all contests !!! Jim S

Ed McDonnell

Before someone decides to castigate me over my (in their opinion) inadequate rules for the "Let Me Have It" opt-in survey, let me clear something up.

It would seem reasonable to assume that only people who had actually entered the contest would ask to "Let Me Have It". :rolleyes: However, when dealing with a community of supremely talented artists (and a couple refuges from other lesser contests) normal tests of reasonableness sometimes no longer apply. Rather than try to write a detailed rule book that attempts to anticipate every possible (mis)interpretation of intent, I prefer to creatively respond to each unanticipated situation as it arises.

So, everyone who asks to "Let Me Have It" will be ranked. Whether they were in the contest or not. If I have enough time I will also produce a picture of what I think the non-entrants would have entered had they had the testicular fortitude to actually enter the contest. (I believe I am only dealing with male non-entrants at the moment, if females materialize this will need an additional creative response!)

Glad we cleared that up.

Ed

toddlajoie

I hope you are not looking for evidence of our "Testicular Fortitude" as I'm quite sure that would violate a few forum rules...:biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

I hope you are not looking for evidence of our "Testicular Fortitude" as I'm quite sure that would violate a few forum rules...:biggrin:

Now there's a scary thought that I had definitely not anticipated!!! :eek: We can all breathe a big sigh of relief that entry in the contest is sufficient (even abundant) evidence of testicular fortitude. No further evidence is required.

As for those non-entrants who chose to request to "Let Me Have It", I suspect that there isn't a scanning electron microscope powerful enough to detect evidence of testicular fortitude in them (should it actually exist (and there are many that have doubts that it does :wink:)). I think we are safe and don't have to worry about shocking visual evidence being introduced to a family forum.

Ed

Who would recommend that any non-entrants now considering finding a scanning electron microscope to check themselves for evidence of testicular fortitude, immediately reconsider. It would really hurt. A lot.

D.Oliver

Before someone decides to castigate me over my (in their opinion) inadequate rules for the "Let Me Have It" opt-in survey, let me clear something up.

It would seem reasonable to assume that only people who had actually entered the contest would ask to "Let Me Have It". :rolleyes: However, when dealing with a community of supremely talented artists (and a couple refuges from other lesser contests) normal tests of reasonableness sometimes no longer apply. Rather than try to write a detailed rule book that attempts to anticipate every possible (mis)interpretation of intent, I prefer to creatively respond to each unanticipated situation as it arises.

So, everyone who asks to "Let Me Have It" will be ranked. Whether they were in the contest or not. If I have enough time I will also produce a picture of what I think the non-entrants would have entered had they had the testicular fortitude to actually enter the contest. (I believe I am only dealing with male non-entrants at the moment, if females materialize this will need an additional creative response!)

Glad we cleared that up.

Ed

Now why would you single out toddlajoie like that?:biggrin::tongue:

Ed McDonnell

I've inlcuded the top 5 in the listing since they have already been publicly ranked. 16 entrants asked to "Let Me Have it". That makes a total of 21 of the 32 entrants who will be ranked below. Ties are listed in order of entry. Here's the ranking:

1 - Carl Fisher
2 - Sylvanite
3 (Tie) - Reddwil, Dan Masshardt
5 - rholiday
6 - Twist-Ed
7 - Karl_99
8 - BSea
9 (Tie) - Brian G, peterborough66
12 (Tie) - Krudwig
17 (Tie) - toddlajoie, Falcon1220
19 (Tie) - tomfree99, buttonsHT, firewhatfire
22 (Tie) - edohmann, alankulwicki7, southerclay, SMJ1957
30 (Tie) - sschering

There were 3 entrants tied for 30th place. That makes 30th place last place. Since sschering was the only entrant in the 30th place 3 way tie that asked to be ranked, he is now officialy the proud owner of the official designation of "LAST PLACE".

Due to unforeseen time constraints I was not able to deal with non-entrants that asked to "Let Me Have It" at this time. I will find a way to "Let Them Have it" at some future time.

Ed

firewhatfire

I am disappointed that it wasn't me and I promise to try harder in the next election. Ohh different speech

I've inlcuded the top 5 in the listing since they have already been publicly ranked. 16 entrants asked to "Let Me Have it". That makes a total of 21 of the 32 entrants who will be ranked below. Ties are listed in order of entry. Here's the ranking:

1 - Carl Fisher
2 - Sylvanite
3 (Tie) - Reddwil, Dan Masshardt
5 - rholiday
6 - Twist-Ed
7 - Karl_99
8 - BSea
9 (Tie) - Brian G, peterborough66
12 (Tie) - Krudwig
17 (Tie) - toddlajoie, Falcon1220
19 (Tie) - tomfree99, buttonsHT, firewhatfire
22 (Tie) - edohmann, alankulwicki7, southerclay, SMJ1957
30 (Tie) - sschering

There were 3 entrants tied for 30th place. That makes 30th place last place. Since sschering was the only entrant in the 30th place 3 way tie that asked to be ranked, he is now officialy the proud owner of the official designation of "LAST PLACE".

Due to unforeseen time constraints I was not able to deal with non-entrants that asked to "Let Me Have It" at this time. I will find a way to "Let Them Have it" at some future time.

Ed

Dan Masshardt

17th!?!?!?!? Out of 30?!?!?!?!? I've got to work harder next year to **** people off so they won't vote for my pens!!!:biggrin: Silver Lining tho: At 17th out of 30, I am better than average at being the worst!!!

You need to get Don's book to know what techniques to avoid

Maybe take a slim you already have, remove the centerband and put it back together :)

firewhatfire

I got dons book and I could only manage 19th.

17th!?!?!?!? Out of 30?!?!?!?!? I've got to work harder next year to **** people off so they won't vote for my pens!!!:biggrin: Silver Lining tho: At 17th out of 30, I am better than average at being the worst!!!

You need to get Don's book to know what techniques to avoid

Maybe take a slim you already have, remove the centerband and put it back together :)

BSea

Hey, I made the top 25% (8th out of 32). Not to bad for a 1st time entry. But if it follows my casting history, This is about the best I'll do.:redface:

Top Bottom