Bell Forest Products

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
For those who are not familiar with Bell Forest Products. You need to at least take a look at their site. I purchased a Birdseye Maple dowel from them and, made this walking stick from it. All I had to do was turn it down a little to diameter I needed and, sand it. Shipping and, customer service are great. The hardware came from CSUSA. JFYI

Attachments

• IMG_0501.JPG
    IMG_0501.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_0504.JPG
    IMG_0504.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0505.JPG
    IMG_0505.JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 254

Ed McDonnell

Bell has better prices and better selection than the vendors I have been using. I had never heard of them before the announcement here. I've got some furniture I'm supposed to be building this year and the prices on their 100bf packages (with shipping included) look good to me. Finding out about these guys is almost as good as winning a bash contest....almost. :)

Ed

TimS124

Hadn't heard of them before this thread. Placed a small order to try 'em out. The discount more than covered shipping cost!

IAP Bash

Congratulations on 10 years!

Just like Jeff had said, we're offering a 20% off coupon to all the IAP members in commemoration of 10 years of hard work. Enter coupon code "Penturner20" on our website (Bell Forest Products) when checking out to receive the discount.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me at Josh@bellforestproducts.com.

Congratulations again!

~Josh Nicholas

Last edited:

bobleibo

Jeff
Thanks for the info. I do a lot of flat work and am forced to buy from different vendors. Having a source that makes it much easier to shop in one place is always nice. Also seems folks who have used them before are happy with their service.
...and thanks to Bell for offering the discount.
Cheers

Ed McDonnell

Would like to see a photo when it arrives Ed.

Here you go Chuck:

Keep in mind that this package was on sale PLUS I got the IAP discount. That was $112 for 20bf (~60lbs) of tiger maple with FREE shipping. I think I got a pretty good deal.

The wood is bundled and wrapped in cardboard

Bell_00000.jpg

Here it is with the cardboard removed. Packed very tightly.

Bell_00001.jpg

20bf laid out. Smallest length is 40". Laid out worst side up. Other sides were all clear with the exception of one small spot of blue stain.

Bell_00002.jpg

Some blue stain, waning and an inclusion. As I said, this is the worst side of each piece. The other sides were all clear (except for that one small patch of stain).

Bell_00003.jpg

The wood is pretty nicely figured.

Bell_00008.jpg

I estimate I got more than 19.5bf of useable wood for furniture making. If I was making pen display boxes or other items where both sides of the board would be visible in the end product, the useable amount would be less for me. Given the price I paid, I'm satisfied.

Hope this helps.

Ed

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Thanks Ed. It is nicely figured. Are those boards warped at all? May be my eyes. Kind of looks like the edges are raised up. It sounds like you got a good deal though. Would like to see the finished product also. I love furniture! :biggrin:

Ed McDonnell

Hi Chuck - No warps, no cupping, no bowing, dog legs or anything. Boards are flat and straight. It's the way I had them stacked and the angle of the picture (combined with the figure) that makes them look like they might be warped.

I'll post a picture of what I make.

Ed

Top Bottom