Seemed easier last year

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Haynie

For some reason it was easier to find the winners of each competition. I did not have a dog in any of the fights but I like seeing the winners. Did things get handled differently this year or am I missing something?

Dale Lynch

Maybe we sholud have a winners circle.You know, a thread with all the winning pens.Kinda hard to ask the Bash team to do it after all the hard work and long hours giving us a Birthday Blast.They need some rest now.

toddlajoie

From my impression, there was much less congratulations postings and discussions taking place in the threads after the winners were announced.

I personally use the "New Posts" link almost exclusively when reading the forum, so unless someone has recently commented in one of the announcement threads, I may not have time to get far enough down the list to run into it. It's also easy to get the forum broken up into too many "buckets" but speaking from someone who ran a contest, having a separate forum was a help, and I put the contest info and Winners post in the forum for that contest.

As a participant and voter, it was also fantastic to have all the voting poll threads together in one forum, as it made it easy to go to that forum and quickly confirm that I had voted in everything that was available.

While it seems like it may be a great idea to have a central Winner's forum, I would be afraid that things would get too segmented, and I really like the idea of the winners for each contest being posted in the contest forum from an archive perspective.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Not all the winning pens from a competition were posted in a seperate thread with Winners in the title, some were just posted at the end of the thread of that competition.

Top Bottom