Bash team clock winner!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
When I started the IAP Appreciation Points drawing thread for the clock, things started out very slow. After nearly 24 hours, there had only been 10 points sold. To try to get participation, I posted in the Birthday Bash Planners private forum and asked for my fellow planners to help get the word out. A number of the planners stepped up in a big way and point sales really started flying. Once we go to 100 points, I posted in the planners forum thanking them for the help and one member chimed up and said that 200 would be a piece of cake!

I doubted him so I made a little wager! I told them that if it got over 200 point sales, I would draw a name from among the hard working bash planners and make them a similar clock but without the limited edition 10th logo. Never would I have thought it could be done but it was! Now I have another clock to make!:biggrin:

For that drawing, I took all the names of the bash planning team and put them in a spreadsheet and assigned each a number. I used Random.org again to choose the number. The number chosen was 15 which corresponded to parklandturner!

So, Parklandturner is the winner of the special drawing for the Birthday Bash Planners clock and will get to choose what he wants on his custom clock! It will still be mesquite with the same clock movement as the other one. It just will NOT have the 10th logo!

So, the moral of the story here is that it pays to volunteer your time to help out with the birthday bash! Not only do you get a free mug, you just never know when you might get something else. Next year, I encourage everyone to volunteer. It is a big time commitment but IAP is worth it!

The lesson learned for me is to not bet against your fellow IAP members! Together we can do anything! :biggrin:

Don't get me wrong, I will gladly make another clock with pride and am not complaining at all! It is an honor for me to be a part of such a good group!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Congratulations ED we need to take a picture of our clocks and a Beer and email them to CHuck to rub it in.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Congratulations ED we need to take a picture of our clocks and a Beer and email them to CHuck to rub it in.
:tongue::mad: I hope they both get infested with ants! FIRE ANTS :mad:

We DO have a lot of fire ants here in Texas, Chuck! Should I go collect some as packing material for these two clocks?!:laugh:

Buzzzz4

Way to go Ed! Just so you don't get everyone coming out for a free mug, you don't get a free mug for bash planning. Fully a volunteer spot that is fun to do.

MesquiteMan

Retired Head Moderator
Way to go Ed! Just so you don't get everyone coming out for a free mug, you don't get a free mug for bash planning. Fully a volunteer spot that is fun to do.

Oops, you are correct. It is the volunteer IAP Managers that get a mug. Sorry for that confusion. The Bash Planners are indeed purely volunteers who give of their time to make the bash what it is.

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Something my 7 year old grandson once said is appropriate as a response to both of you .

Nyeah Nyeah Nyeah your just jealous!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Something my 7 year old grandson once said is appropriate as a response to both of you .

I have to admit it. Yes, I'm jealous :redface: I thought about asking Curtis if I could purchase one but, don't think he's too crazy about making them. So, please do post a picture of it.

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North

I have to admit it. Yes, I'm jealous :redface: I thought about asking Curtis if I could purchase one but, don't think he's too crazy about making them. So, please do post a picture of it.

I guess I need to hold on to my 2x4 sharpie clock - Chuck, I'll send you info on how to make your own! :)

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader

I guess I need to hold on to my 2x4 sharpie clock - Chuck, I'll send you info on how to make your own! :)
Thank you! Yes, I will need instructions with that :redface::biggrin: That project would have to make me feel better.:crying:

D.Oliver

Hey Derek - I just found out that these clocks have a special feature. No matter what time they show, it's never time to shovel snow!! :biggrin: No wonder the Florida guys won them. :wink:

Ed

I'm sure I would find that much more funny if I hadn't just got done shoveling snow in -4 degree temps.

Top Bottom