Triple and Quad Tap and Die

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jyreene

Wow. Awesome Dan. That makes 12 of each. Let me compile the list and have everyone confirm it. I'll get that done late tonight or early tomorrow.

Dan Masshardt

Wow. Awesome Dan. That makes 12 of each. Let me compile the list and have everyone confirm it. I'll get that done late tonight or early tomorrow.

Might want to check with Monty but this is a research thread not an actual group buy thread.

It probably doesn't matter...

jyreene

Yup. I just have to compose be message to Monty and it can move to group purchase. I will still post what I have for interest to confirm before I create the message to Monty.

jyreene

Who I have so far

This is who I have so far:

M10 Double start tap and die
Jyreene
StevenG
edstreet
ChrisN
beck3906
RDH79
Seamus7227
signguy
cmiles1985
silver
bsea

M12 double start Tap and Die
Jyreene
edstreet
Duncsuss
ChrisN
beck3906
RDH79
Seamus7227
signguy
cmiles1985
silver
Dan Masshardt

If anyone no longer wants it let me know and I'll keep it running. If we are truly up to 12 then I will compose the PM to Monty once I have all confirming and we will go from there. When you confirm please just include the city and state (minus our UK friend for you please just include city and postcode) so I can compute shipping costs. Flat rate boxes are free so I won't need to add that cost and I'm not worried about tape or packing materials. Just shipping and the cost of the taps and dies.

Again once I have all that I will send the PM to Monty with all the details to get the group buy started.

Last edited:

jyreene

Apparently I need to learn to count...or not count the first line in a spreadsheet. We are at 11 each....stupid Maths. Dan, if this has you not want it I completely understand.

Dan Masshardt

Apparently I need to learn to count...or not count the first line in a spreadsheet. We are at 11 each....stupid Maths. Dan, if this has you not want it I completely understand.

I'm fine to stay in - obviously only if we get to the 12 number for pricing.

Out of curiosity, What the next level of discount after 12?

jyreene

Alright. That's twelve. I will triple check and have my wife also check to be sure when I get home. The next price break is at 24 and only for dies. Not taps. And the difference is only a few dollars.

jyreene

Okay, before I am able to move it over to the group buy I have to get a shipping quote so I can answer all of Monty's requirements. Here is what I will PM to him:

Looking over the group buy and here is what I have from that (I'm going to use the number and letter system Monty used here (http://www.penturners.org/forum/f21/new-group-buy-guidelines-please-read-before-posting-38271/) :

1 – I have my name city and state in my profile (and have for a while)
2 – I am currently getting the shipping charge to me from the company. Should be in Monday. I will do the current cost break down per tap and die further in this post. This will not include shipping to anyone here as I don't have everyone's addresses (which is understandable until this is a definite go and moved to the group purchase and I start collecting funds but it will likely by flat rate boxes (I've already contacted the overseas buyer and worked out a rough shipping with him).
3 – Working on the announcement but it will pretty much be just like this once I get the shipping quote.
A – Items will be M10 Double Start Tap and Die and M12 Double Start Tap and Die
B – Cost for 1 tap and die of these sets ranges from 122.20 to 159.94 discounted at 12 to 34.98 and 49 respectively (those are the least expensive and most expensive ones others are in between those costs)
C – Awaiting shipping estimate, extra insurance will not be bought unless requested. Then it will be calculated based on USPS prices, I will be using PayPal and if we do the friends and family there are no fees, I won't be charging for boxes or tape (just shipping and the taps and dies) since flat rate boxes are free.
D – Payment will be PayPal or checks (I'm okay with either checks will just make the process take longer as I will have to wait for them to clear to put in the order but don't make that force you to not want to do this just understand it will take longer)
E – I will ship internationally and the one current member that wants a set has been in contact and agreed to the extra costs. I will still ship the cheapest method which I believe is flat rate but I have already worked this out with him)
F – The buy would be closed to orders...what's the group consensus a week after everyone that currently expressed interest confirms? A few days. Not more that a week but that might be too much.
G – There should not be any leftover funds but if there are I will just donate them to the IAP.
H – Nothing should be back ordered because they will be making these to order. The only delay will likely be in setting up their tooling.

Here is the cost break down at the 12 pc price break:
M10 double tap

M10 double die

M12 double tap

M12 double die

M10 double set

M12 double set

This is who I have as being interested:

M10 Tap Double
Jyreene
StevenG
edstreet