Thinking about a group by for M13 x 0.8 double lead tap and die

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Carl Fisher

The last group buy went the way of triples. I'm a double lead kinda guy and I'm curious if anyone would be interested in a group buy for an M13 x 0.8 double lead from Tapco.

No clue on pricing yet but I can't imagine it would be drastically different than the one that was run back in January.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Carl Fisher

This was the pricing back in January. This is NOT the current price but it should get us in the ballpark.

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl Fisher

I've reached out to a contact at Tapco who I've dealt with before for updated pricing.

Here is the ask:
M13 x 0.8 double lead
Bottoming tap
Cutting die 1" OD round

Last time I talked to them they have stopped doing the TiN coating so I don't believe that's an option anymore. The price breaks should be at 6 and 12 and from the looks of things we may be struggling to get 6.

Carl Fisher

Here is the quote I received.

P/N 38677 M13-.8 double lead 4flute Bt tap
6pc 68.42ea ** ( add 6.90ea per tap for TiN treat)
12pc 47.00ea

P/N 38703A M13-.8 double lead HS 1"OD Die
6pc 70.20ea
12pc 62.40 EA

There is also a $66 tooling charge which would have to get split among all of the participants. Note that TiN is not available on the die but is on the tap.

Carl Fisher

Thanks all however it looks like this group buy will NOT be going forward at this time.

Based on response we'd only hit 4 participants which isn't enough to justify the cost once you factor in the tooling charge.

I've been able to source one from another pen maker so I wouldn't be participating which reduces the number.

Thanks

RobS

Carl,

Thank you for the attempt. It was much appreciated. I hope your pens come out fantastic.

Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom