Tap and Die Purchase Research (Taken Over)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

whteglve

Ok folks, After talking to both RustySplinters and Monty I'm planning on taking over the group buy of taps and dies.

This is a research post to see who all wants to participate in a group purchase for M12x.8x3 and/or M14x.8x3 taps and dies. I'll post more information as I get it.

If you are interested, please leave a comment below.

Carl Fisher

Are you staying with a triple start on the M14 instead of the double that we had been talking about?

I'd be in for an M14 double start, but would probably pass on the triple.

ChrisN

I'd be interested in a double start 14mm to match my other tap/die sets, but if you're only offering triple start, I'll pass.

whteglve

This is a continuation of the RustySplinters research thread. I need to get more information from him and to see his quotes and other details.

Double or triple.

whteglve

I'm planning on getting a new quote for this GP. I'd like to get what RustySplinters has gathered to start with so I can be sure I'm not contacting the same company.

ChrisN

I'm planning on getting a new quote for this GP. I'd like to get what RustySplinters has gathered to start with so I can be sure I'm not contacting the same company.

Uh, why don't you want to contact the same company? Or is that a typo?

fountainbel

Hi all,
I bought a M14x0.8 -3 leads tap and die set from Mike 3 years ago.
Unfortunately the tap is worn, so I need a new tap
I would gladly join on the new group buy, when possible for the tap only.
please keep me posted !
Best regards, Francis

edstreet

Hi all,
I bought a M14x0.8 -3 leads tap and die set from Mike 3 years ago.
Unfortunately the tap is worn, so I need a new tap
I would gladly join on the new group buy, when possible for the tap only.
please keep me posted !
Best regards, Francis

This is the very reason we add TiN treatment. The cost increase is a few dollars more per item but it will double the life of the tooling.

edstreet

I bet that most may not be aware of the advantages / disadvantages of V threads or 'square' threads.

Truth of the mater 'square' threads is not square, also 'square' threads is still in the 'V' category.

chugbug

Hello,

Great timing! I just emailed Mike at SSP looking for a new M14 die (M14x.8x3). He suggested I check in here! If the buy goes through, count me in for a die (die only please, taps are still good).

Thanks...John

whteglve

Hello,

Great timing! I just emailed Mike at SSP looking for a new M14 die (M14x.8x3). He suggested I check in here! If the buy goes through, count me in for a die (die only please, taps are still good).

Thanks...John

Right now it seems like only two people, including yourself, are showing interest in getting that size. I'm sure I could add just a die to the list, but you'd pay out the nose for it.

whteglve

Just so everyone knows, I'm waiting on a quote for M12x1.5 and M14x1.5 double start taps and dies. Once I get the quote I'll post a new thread in the Group Purchases section with all the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom