Small group buy on lanzerlinez sale?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

As anybody ever thought about doing a very small group purchase to take advantage of the max discount during one of constants discount sales?

3 other people in addition to the coordinator spending about $115 would do it. Or 4 at less than $100

Then the PayPal fee or friends PayPal and shipping cost.

The biggest obstacle I see would be the back order factor. My primarily goal would be the kits that are back ordered so I'd think wait to shipmate packages until the items were all in. Otherwise there would be double shipping costs.

Thoughts?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Is be willing to organize it on the tiny scale that I proposed. Just a few people is all that's needed.

I have no interest in making a spreadsheet of all the items available though. I'm interested mostly in pen kits but have no problem with orders including some inlay kits.

Maybe Monty will offer some thoughts.

BSea

As long as people understood the back order situation. I just recently received the last of my order from July. It was no big deal to me, but it would be something everyone should understand.

And I'd be in as long as I know that I can get the old style Eagle that uses the finial that allows for a custom finial. I got it the last order, but I don't know if it's still being offered.

Dan Masshardt

The eagles that I got had a solid top. Has anybody asked him about this? I'm guessing it's cheaper / easier that way for him... I'd like to have the old style too. I think that's one of the major differences between the kits.

The back order factor is Definitely something to note. Most of the kits are saying 5 weeks.

TonyL

I'm in. But I think his 30% sale is a better deal. But i am in. If it helps, he is by me (only a few miles away). Dan, if you coordinate the GB, I will collect the funds, pay Constant and distribute to all using insured flat rate shipping. Up to you, just offering.

Dan Masshardt

I'm in. But I think his 30% sale is a better deal. But i am in. If it helps, he is by me (only a few miles away). Dan, if you coordinate the GB, I will collect the funds, pay Constant and distribute to all using insured flat rate shipping. Up to you, just offering.

How is 30% better than 45%?

TonyL

The new math? LOL. I had no idea it was that high. Let me known if you want me to act as a pick-up and distribution point. Good thing I am a CPA!

Dan Masshardt

The new math? LOL. I had no idea it was that high. Let me known if you want me to act as a pick-up and distribution point. Good thing I am a CPA!

Thanks Tony - if I do the buy I'll probably just have it shipped to me.

iF I do, it's only going to be a tiny scale to get the max discount.

Maybe others will what to run similar ones.

Local groups would be ideal as that eliminates all shipping costs.

Dan Masshardt

FWIW the 45% off $450 seems to be based on the pre discount total. So minimum purchase $450=sales price $247.5

Excellent clarification Warren.

Yes, if there were 4 total, each person would have to purchase $115 or so of value before discount.

The end commitment amount wouldn't be all that much.

Perhaps we should just buddy up and avoid 'group buy' at all.

BSea

The eagles that I got had a solid top. Has anybody asked him about this? I'm guessing it's cheaper / easier that way for him... I'd like to have the old style too. I think that's one of the major differences between the kits.

The back order factor is Definitely something to note. Most of the kits are saying 5 weeks.

On my last order, I asked. He said he had them, but without the jewels (finial inserts). That was fine with me because I don't use them anyway. But I don't know if that was just old stock, or if he'll carry that style in the future. I didn't think to ask at the time.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Is this fair to Constant??????

I'm not sure but this sounds like it is a little unfair to Constant. He is offering good discounts and to me this smacks of taking advantage of him ,,, I think you owe the curtousy to Constant to see what he thinks of the idea before going ahead with it.

Dan Masshardt

I'm not sure but this sounds like it is a little unfair to Constant. He is offering good discounts and to me this smacks of taking advantage of him ,,, I think you owe the curtousy to Constant to see what he thinks of the idea before going ahead with it.

If we pursue it further, I will check with him first.

Dan Masshardt

Guys - I checked with Constant per Smitty's suggestion.

He does not mind as long as the order comes through one person and shipped from him to one person. Which is what we do S the norm anyway.

That's said, I'm not sure if it makes sense for many to join together.

I think it wound be better for people to pair off if needed.

Top Bottom